Football Whos The Player You Wish You Could Collect?

mat19

Bench Warmer
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the subject! I'd love to collect Mike Mussina, but he has so many cards and too many collectors. Post your thoughts and please say why you don't.

Manning has a lot of cards too - and plenty of collectors - doesn't stop me from collecting his cards.

Collect what you want to collect - dont let others sway your decisions.

coltstopps said:
Manning has a lot of cards too - and plenty of collectors - doesn't stop me from collecting his cards.

Collect what you want to collect - dont let others sway your decisions.

Yes but i'd hate a collection where i can only get half of the players cards! seems pointless to me!

John Beck (Fins Rookie QB).... I really hope he does well.... but I can't buy his cards b/c I'm scared he'll be a bust.... By the time I know he's a good player, I'll never be able to afford anything cool like exquisite or SP Authentic RCs, and whats the point if you can't get a player's best RC?
Isaac Bruce.... I have a killer collection of his from 94-99, but slowed down big time and can never see myself picking back up again....
The main reason for both of these guys never becoming a major player I collect/collect again... Is my stupid Marinos! I have over 2000 different... which is nothing when you throw parallel cards into the mix.... but since I decided not to collect parallels or memorbilia/auto cards featuring other players, there are only 100 various inserts, 7 oddball cards, probably 30-40 GU(never counted), and 37 Autos that I need for my collection. Putting the restrictions on my collection has saved my sanity and made my collecting goals obtainable.
Unfortuantely, I think Marino is going to have a base card in 07 SP chirography, which means I will no longer will have every base/SP card part of a basic set.... because every card in that set is signed. :(

As for me i collect P.Manning....don't have near as many as i would like, but you can always find something on him that you need.

As for not collecting all his cards there again i don't have the funds i need to do that, so i collect as much as i can afford to.

izrazoriz said:
you can always find something on him that you need.

So true - IMO thats whats fun about it - "the chase" - pick someone who only has 100 cards and it might not be too difficult - pick Manning with around 6200 cards and its a life long chase.

I started out collecting only one product "topps" now I am collecting them all. Will I get them all? I doubt it, but I'm going to have fun trying. ;) Plus I need to take that player badge in next years SCF card contest!

You ain't kidding about a lifelong commitment! I've always collected Marino, but the real reason I'm up to the numbers I have is my collection has merged with three other ex-Marino's collectors... They gave up, right when I was picking up like crazy! So you figure between 4 people who all had focused on one player you'd be able to find at least one copy of every card, excluding parallels, right? WRONG! All I have to say eBay is a gift from the heavens at times!
Also, Player's badge? What's that?

marinocollector said:
Also, Player's badge? What's that?

I just made up the name - though thats a pretty good description if you ask me hahaha ... anyway, it is in reference to a best card contest held a few months back here on the forum.

I was lucky enough to win the "team collector" division ... be nice if the badge said "2006 Winner Team Collector"; that way badges could carry over year after year. ;)

coltstopps said:
I just made up the name - though thats a pretty good description if you ask me hahaha ... anyway, it is in reference to a best card contest held a few months back here on the forum.

I was lucky enough to win the "team collector" division ... be nice if the badge said "2006 Winner Team Collector"; that way badges could carry over year after year. ;)
Oh, OK... I'll definitely like to try that out, just to see where my collection rates on the boards! Do you have to have all cards scanned?

Adrian Peterson on the Viking kinda hard get his RC by opening up Boxes for me hehe. Theres always pull a big hit out of a box to trade for what u want.

Back