Who WINS the World Series this season?

Who WINS the World Series this season??

• Houston Astros

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Philadelphia Phillies

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
I went in and changed the poll.....let's see who your favorite is to win the World Series this year!

A lot of naysayers have counted out the St. Louis Browns, but I say don't sleep on them!

I got the zombified '44 Brownies returning from the dead, barnstorming the World Series and beating and possibly also eating both the Phils and the 'stros in a four game sweep with Jack Kramer taking WS MVP honors.

A lot of naysayers have counted out the St. Louis Browns, but I say don't sleep on them!

I got the zombified '44 Brownies returning from the dead, barnstorming the World Series and beating and possibly also eating both the Phils and the 'stros in a four game sweep with Jack Kramer taking WS MVP honors.

The STL Browns were not exactly a powerhouse, though Satchel Paige did pitch for them when he finally made it to the Majors! Maybe the zombie factor will help them, in keeping with our Halloween theme around here!

My very creative 10 year old daughter made this tonight and asked me to post....I asked her who she wants to win ( meaning Astros or Phillies) and she said "the best team."
20221101_164840_HDR~2.jpg
Considering my lack of success picking winners now, I am going with her philosophy!!

And just like that, the Phillies take a 2-1 lead, which I did NOT think was going to be the case! I also have the feeling the Astros didnt think that would be the case, since they swept their way through the playoffs!

More the Home Run Derby last night, really!

Last edited:
I can't believe McCullers stayed in for so long, he was just getting SHELLED! I get not wanting to go to the bullpen too early, but to give up 5 home runs in 5 innings, that's a rough outing!

I can't believe McCullers stayed in for so long, he was just getting SHELLED! I get not wanting to go to the bullpen too early, but to give up 5 home runs in 5 innings, that's a rough outing!
I was pretty surprised too, lots of talk of tipping pitches today….looking good for Philly

I was pretty surprised too, lots of talk of tipping pitches today….looking good for Philly
No doubt, something was going on, my gosh they had his number! McCullers has a ton of spin on his pitches too, he looks like he would be hard to hit, but Philly sure figured him out.

I will say, coming from STL and Tony LaRussa's famous 7 and 8 pitcher games, I am used to seeing a starter come out in the 3rd inning! I would have thought he would have gotten pulled earlier, especially during the World Series, its frustrating to struggle like that.

Those were some no doubt monster shots too! The Phillies look hungry for the title!
That is really true, I think with that kind of momentum, the Phillies may upset the Astros, who just looked shell shocked yesterday, for good reason! Game 4 tonight....November baseball, there's nothin' like it!

So, momentum has majorly shifted....does Houston close it out tonight???

Back