• Philadelphia Phillies

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

kclj520

If He Can Hold The World, He Can Hold This Moment
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Let's get some chatter going here about the playoffs! Phillies are beating the Braves in Game 1 of the NLDS right now, 4-1 in the top of the 4th! Would love to know what everyone thinks and who might make it to the World Series!

I think Cleveland has a chance to make it from the A.L. As a Red Sox fan, I'm rooting for them to at least beat the Yankees!

From NL, Dodgers are going to be tough to beat, but no series is going to be easy for anyone. A lot of good teams with good pitching. It's going to be fun to watch.

I think Cleveland has a chance to make it from the A.L. As a Red Sox fan, I'm rooting for them to at least beat the Yankees!

From NL, Dodgers are going to be tough to beat, but no series is going to be easy for anyone. A lot of good teams with good pitching. It's going to be fun to watch.
I agree with you @LarryG there are no easy games here, every series is going to be 5+ games I bet. Pitching is going to be the key this year, there might be some low scoring games and extra innings, since there are some great starters on every team! Pitching duels are always fun to watch though!

Let's get some votes in today! Who is gonna run the table this season??

Here's the updated bracket, Yankees are leading the Guardians in Game 4!

Screenshot_20221016-203929~2.png

I cheated (sort of) and voted today down to 5 teams…picked the Phillies vs Astros in the Series. We’ll see!

Been some good playoffs games and series so far!

All the best,
Mike

I cheated (sort of) and voted today down to 5 teams…picked the Phillies vs Astros in the Series. We’ll see!

Been some good playoffs games and series so far!

All the best,
Mike
There have been some great games, sorry about your Dodgers, I thought it was gonna be LA vs. NY in the WS, but not to be this year! I think if the Yankees can win Game 5 tonight, the ALCS could well be a very memorable series!!

There have been some great games, sorry about your Dodgers, I thought it was gonna be LA vs. NY in the WS, but not to be this year! I think if the Yankees can win Game 5 tonight, the ALCS could well be a very memorable series!!
Agreed! Wasn’t meant for my boys in blue this season. Hoping for some great and memorable playoff games and series the rest of the way!

Great outing from Verlander today….hard to believe he just keeps doing it
Yeah, he is very reliable and very consistent! He's 2 years younger than I am, and pitches WAAAY better than I do! 🙃

Amazing too, he may be one of the last pitchers to have a legit shot at Cooperstown, since he got started before the era of middle relievers going in the bottom of the 3rd! He at least has a really compelling case, here are his numbers:
244-133 W-L,
3.24 ERA,
3,198 strikeouts,
9× All-Star (2007, 2009–2013, 2018, 2019, 2022)
World Series champion (2017)
AL MVP (2011)
All-MLB First Team (2019)
2× AL Cy Young Award (2011, 2019)
Triple Crown (2011)
AL Rookie of the Year (2006)
ALCS MVP (2017)
4× AL wins leader (2009, 2011, 2019, 2022)
2× AL ERA leader (2011, 2022)
5× AL strikeout leader (2009, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2018)
Pitched three no-hitters (2007, 2011, 2019)

Pretty darn good, in my humble opinion!!

I'm going to go with Houston and San Diego in the World Series, though the Phillies are really strong at the moment. I dont know that the Yankees are going to go the distance, Houston is just too good.

Again, I definitely am not a future Vegas bookie!

Looks like Houston will face Philly in the World Series!

Two really good teams remaining…hopefully it will be a good and memorable World Series!
Nobody snuck in this year, Houston and Philly are going to battle it out! Should be very memorable, and with some great players ... Verlander, Alvarez, Altuve for Houston and Harper, Schwarber et al for the Phillies, it should be a great series!!

Back