Who wants to talk ish on the PAC-10 now?

Now I am kind of glad I won't have internet back at my house until Thursday. To answer TJ's question its looking like the Big East. Texas got outplayed last night but still managed to win against Arkansas St.

Yeah I didn't wanna show any bias. I think West Virginia and Louisville > Texas and Oklahoma, Texas looks very overrated this year. Rutgers > Kansas State.

You guys are all nuts :D

:pop:

First, let me say, the BCS has ruined the enjoyment of great football games, which last nights' Cal victory was.

Second, speculation about which conference is the toughest is just that, speculation. Unless you pull an NCAA BK and play conference on conference challenge each year (which I would love btw), we are all left to pontificate over crap. Many people love Steeles magazines, for those that get it read it, just for haas, go check out the top 15 (pre season) toughest scedules. You'll find 10 pac 10 teams (hey thats all of them). First SEC? 18th.

Third, Don't hide behind your 'our conference is toughest' when you only play 70% each year. If it is so tough, you don't need non conference wins to boost your rankings, so why not take off Troy, Middle Tennessee Stae, Western Carolina (etc etc etc) and play a full 11 game schedule, plus throw in a sun belt game for funsies. Then you'll know who is tops in the conference each and every year.

4th, when saying that everyone says we are the toughest, first, not everyone does, second, this same group is the one in love with Notre Dame every year ;)

oh, just a reminder, last 13 meetings, Pac 10 now leads 7-6 ;)

I cannot agree more.
of course you agree with him, if you back an entire conference you can still claim victory at the end of the year almost no matter what.
i like my team and im happy when other teams from oklahoma win against other teams and thats it, you cant say im not a college fan because i dont feel the sheep like need to rant about my conference at every given chance
i understand you have to have strength of schedule but that doesnt mean i have to get into a cat fight with every other college fan out there when they like a team from another arbitrarily put together group of teams. there are very few of the old rivalries that made the differences in the conferences great, i just root for oklahoma

Because of the BCS, I do not want a repeat of the Auburn/USC/OU fiasco or the OU/USC/LSU fiasco. Auburn ran the table in the SEC and should have gotten some sort of shot at a National Title but were altogether screwed.
a lot of teams get screwed in this system but you cannot
honestly say that oklahoma did not deserve to be there, we lost a tough title game

also back to your Big 12 statement

who are the 3-4 teams in the Big 12 if K-State and OK State are not?

1. Texas
2. OU
3. who?

I would have to say K-State and OK State are just as good as friggin Nebraska.

Georgia and Auburn are pretty much considered the 3 and 4 (or 5) in the SEC. So you are just showing us how much your conference sucks outside of the Top 2.

nebraska is ranked and the others are not, nobody has expected much from k-state or ok-state in a year or two at least

we lost to Florida that year on a blown coverage, USC lost an overtime game to Cal. You got your butts whipped in a title game by K-State...

and then got beat by LSU.
doesnt matter how you lost you still lost, like us
im pretty sure cal was not ranked that year

because LSU does not play in a piece of crap conference like the Big 12... and you should not have played in that game -- Auburn should have, they at least deserved to be on the field with USC, Oklahoma was completely outcoached, outmanned and overmatched.
like i said before, just talk down about our entire conference when i really dont care about that. i like my team and thats about it
just yell and defend the sec every chance you get
once again there is no way you could say that before the game, we had a great team and they didnt show up, it could have happened to any of us
its just ridiculous heresay and bias to pretend like you knew that before the game

i thought you said you werent going to talk about the sec anymore anyway? you had to qoute my one post several separate times and its not my teams conference i care about so im done fighting you on it, im not going to change your mind, and you wont change mine. your conference can be better, im just hoping oklahoma wins a title, if we go 2-10 and texas wins a nt then im not happy, if we wint a title and everyone else in the conference barely makes a bowl game thats perfectly fine with me
neither one of us is logical, we just like our team and nothing will change that and thats one of the things that makes us (yes both of us) true college fans
have a good holiday bro:salut:

I guess you don't watch the same college football that I watch. Your opponents have to play good for you to be good.

like i said to rex, theres a difference between wanting your strength of schedule to be good and blindly defending every team in your conference til your throat hurts
im just pulling for my one team

[/b]
nebraska is ranked and the others are not, nobody has expected much from k-state or ok-state in a year or two at least

like i said before, just talk down about our entire conference when i really dont care about that. i like my team and thats about it
once again there is no way you could say that before the game, we had a great team and they didnt show up, it could have happened to any of us
its just ridiculous heresay and bias to pretend like you knew that before the game

i thought you said you werent going to talk about the sec anymore anyway? you had to qoute my one post several separate times and its not my teams conference i care about so im done fighting you on it, im not going to change your mind, and you wont change mine. your conference can be better, im just hoping oklahoma wins a title, if we go 2-10 and texas wins a nt then im not happy, if we wint a title and everyone else in the conference barely makes a bowl game thats perfectly fine with me
neither one of us is logical, we just like our team and nothing will change that and thats one of the things that makes us (yes both of us) true college fans

We still beat you last time we played;)
and LSU is 4-0 versus the Pac 10 since 2002.

so until a Pac 10 team beats LSU they can talk all they want about the conference being soft.

College season just started and I'm already sick of it. UM and ND lost games they shouldnt. What gets lost is that if you were watching the UM game, it would have been probably one of the funnest games to watch. What this reminded me of was how awesome and entertaining a college football tournament would be.

90% of the fans on here are already clammering for position, my conference is better, yada yada yada....

Guys, just sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the great sport of college football without worrying about the BCS, we have a lot of very good conferences and even moreso, a lot of great college teams and so many games yet to be played!! Just enjoy, no BS!!!

College season just started and I'm already sick of it. UM and ND lost games they shouldnt. What gets lost is that if you were watching the UM game, it would have been probably one of the funnest games to watch. What this reminded me of was how awesome and entertaining a college football tournament would be.

90% of the fans on here are already clammering for position, my conference is better, yada yada yada....

Guys, just sit back, have a beer, and enjoy the great sport of college football without worrying about the BCS, we have a lot of very good conferences and even moreso, a lot of great college teams and so many games yet to be played!! Just enjoy, no BS!!!
:ban:

This is what makes college football fun! :pop:

[/b]

AMEN bro but you cant tell some people that. The good thing about computers is that they dont care when u lost. Like you said Cal probably wasnt ranked that year and Lsu Im sure played a D1AA school that year.LOL So we all each had one conference loss. But that doesnt matter to some. OMG then the Auburn crap comes up..........I think they all 3 deserved to play BUT you cannot drop a team for doing what it was supposed to do. If u all dont remember Auburn got it handed to them the year before to USC at thier mighty tough sec field, a shutout. Remember?? Prob not And they had that lofty preseason rank of #4 and sucked that year. So it was kinda hard to rank them to high the following year.
That being said I do like seeing the BIG 12 do good especially against the better conferences, unfortunately we blew against the sec this week. Thank goodness the vols lost:D:D:D I would rank these Big 12 schools in order:
1.OU
2.Texas
3.Nebraska
4.OSU
5.T.Tech, A&M and K. State Your choice Possibly Missouri
they seem to have a descent team.
Also I agree we have 2 GREAT teams, and I know good to descent teams. Unlike u sec fans. All I hear is you have 4-8 teams that could win the NC.HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You all have 2 great teams. LSU and Florida
Tenn has done squat since they lucked out and won the '98 title, with ALOT of help:D:D Georgia has done crap since a fellow name H. Walker and Auburn has never won a Title. So I will wait and see what kind of stupid comments I get. Also wont even get started on Bama :D:D:D

So I will wait and see what kind of stupid comments I get. Also wont even get started on Bama :D:D:D

Don't be a doofus :D...it took a coach (even though I dislike Stoops as much as Spurrier) from the SEC to bring Oklahoma back to some sort of prominence (I remember Switzer and the Convict crew from the late 80's...those teams made the U. of Miami "Co-caines" look like choir boys and he wasn't even the most crooked coach in the conference (Jackie Sherrill at Texas A&M anybody...what a beacon of morality he is))...Before Stoops showed up, Oklahoma wasn't even at .500...I guess you're also forgetting about Boise State beating the Sooners last year in the bowl game (hey, I'm a Georgia fan...we've won 2 Conference championships in the past 5 years in a competitive conference - not a conference where there's only 2 teams who are good enough to be in the hunt -- and we lost to Kentucky AND Vanderbilt, who by the way gave Michigan ALL they wanted last year at Ann Arbor before they squeaked by).

It is fun to argue about College football though because until all the teams play 60 game schedules , we'll never get the true answer about what team is better because the teams don't play everybody.

I think we can agree on one thing however...we ALL dislike Notre Dame! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be a doofus :D...it took a coach (even though I dislike Stoops as much as Spurrier) from the SEC to bring Oklahoma back to some sort of prominence (I remember Switzer and the Convict crew from the late 80's...those teams made the U. of Miami "Co-caines" look like choir boys and he wasn't even the most crooked coach in the conference (Jackie Sherrill at Texas A&M anybody...what a beacon of morality he is))...Before Stoops showed up, Oklahoma wasn't even at .500...I guess you're also forgetting about Boise State beating the Sooners last year in the bowl game (hey, I'm a Georgia fan...we've won 2 Conference championships in the past 5 years in a competitive conference - not a conference where there's only 2 teams who are good enough to be in the hunt -- and we lost to Kentucky AND Vanderbilt, who by the way gave Michigan ALL they wanted last year at Ann Arbor before they squeaked by).

It is fun to argue about College football though because until all the teams play 60 game schedules , we'll never get the true answer about what team is better because the teams don't play everybody.

I think we can agree on one thing however...we ALL dislike Notre Dame! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Im sure you dont remember where florida found STOOPS, Do you?????? Thats right Big 12 land Kansas State. Made them a very good team. Also as great as spurrier is/was he didnt get it done until he got STOOPS.
As for your other lack of knowledge, the Sooners were hit hard with probation, Switzer era. WHat an ere. Some GREAT teams. But we are back because of STOOPS. Thank you for your lack of knowledge :ban::ban::ban:

LOL As for you beng a Georgia fan.lol 2 title in how many years??? I def havent forgot about the whipping you guys recieved in the Sugar Bowl against a depleted Big East conference team. I still cant get over a mighty sec team losing to a big east team.I mean I think they have 2/3 real good teams but u all dont seam to agree. Louisville and W. Virginia can play with anyone and well im no totally sold on rutgers, yet. Oh well look forward to the replies

Im sure you dont remember where florida found STOOPS, Do you?????? Thats right Big 12 land Kansas State. Made them a very good team. Also as great as spurrier is/was he didnt get it done until he got STOOPS.
As for your other lack of knowledge, the Sooners were hit hard with probation, Switzer era. WHat an ere. Some GREAT teams. But we are back because of STOOPS. Thank you for your lack of knowledge :ban::ban::ban:

LOL As for you beng a Georgia fan.lol 2 title in how many years??? I def havent forgot about the whipping you guys recieved in the Sugar Bowl against a depleted Big East conference team. I still cant get over a mighty sec team losing to a big east team.I mean I think they have 2/3 real good teams but u all dont seam to agree. Louisville and W. Virginia can play with anyone and well im no totally sold on rutgers, yet. Oh well look forward to the replies

ALSO looking over your quote, A&M wasnt part of the Big12 back then. Again that good ole sec knowledge:D

Come on Trojans...Pac-10...please...with the exception of USC...the rest of the conference is crap!

While I may not be a SEC fan...I have to admit they have the best conference overall in college football. And UT is way overrated so Cal's win wasn't anything spectacular...

Year in and year out...SEC is always solid...even the teams that aren't top 20 teams from the SEC...probably would be if they played in any other conference (Miss. ST, Ole Miss, Kentucky, Bama...etc.)

I am an ACC fan but even we can't compete overall against teams like Florida, LSU, Auburn, and even the most hated of all teams...UGA.:boohoo:

Back