Who poisoned Toomer's corner?

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
http://www.wltz.com/news/local/TOOMERS-CORNER-trees-allegedly-poisoned--116346454.html

The suspects:

Alabama fans - they put a Cam Newton jersey on a Coach Bryant statue. Also included a national championship bumper sticker and killed some grass in front of the stadium for it to read 28-27. And a small group of AU fans gathered at the tree to roll it after Coach Bryant died. Revenge?

Georgia fans - they tried to burn down the tree a few months ago. They failed. 2nd time is the charm?

Mississippi State/LSU/Florida fans - all three of these teams have been fed up with recruiting practices on the Loveliest Village..... is it possible that a fan of one of these schools decided "enough is enough, this is war"

AUBURN - yes. Them. Why would I say this:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1213863321253160.xml&coll=2

Was the tree actually poisoned? Could they have just said it was to deflect from the real story going on today (NCAA investigators in Louisiana interviewing several people about recruiting issues).

Bama fans.

Douche move by whoever did it. Big difference between a little grass and a 130+ year old tree.

Bama fans.

Douche move by whoever did it. Big difference between a little grass and a 130+ year old tree.

I wouldn't be surprised at us, UGA, or it actually being some ploy to get the media in Alabama to not talk about the latest turn of NCAA events from today (it worked if so, BTW).

Hell, I hope it was us.

Don't be stupid. No you don't.

I am a neutral. I am not a fan of college football. Recognize how inappropriate this is - past the 'us vs. them.'

This affects local business owners, the entire conference, so many other innocent parties and obviously the environment. You don't spread 65 times the amount of poison like that. I'm all for criminal mischief, but it can't be permanent and recklessly destructive.

This is exactly why I can't stand most college football fans. So many are far too fanatical. Far too many have no degree from the school they so desperately love. I sit next to an Auburn fan here at work and she went on and on about the kind of people all Alabama fans are. A 40 something year old woman that sounded like an ignorant teenager. There are so few rational college football fans. Thankfully most of you guys aren't fucking wackadoos and I can stomach you. ;)

Back