johnnyboy1999

Bench Warmer
These are mine.

1. Muhammad Ali

2. Joe Louis

3. Sunny Liston

4. Jack Johnson

5. Joe Fraizer

I like the styles that all of these boxers had and i like their technique. Looking back at old clips of these guys, I found that all of them were very technically sound boxers. The y knew how to throw and land their punches with brutal efficiency and consistency.

I guess not many know of Sugar Ray Robinson's accomplishments for a boxing history fan a no-no.......as for my buddy Roberto "hands of Stone"Duran....knocking out a horse at 15 years of age what can I say except I seen him beat Sugar Ray here in Montreal it was one of the best boxing nights I had ever witnessed live I seen Clevland Denny killed by Geatan Hart ,I seen big John Tate run away in the ring literally turn around and run from Trevor Berbick,and I seen Duran beat Leonard in a no fix fight because of being here in Montreal I truly believe that and much much more....here is a little history on why Roberto is ranked 5th greatest fighter in the last 80 years by ring boxing.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Durán

Boxing and fighting was much a part of my life as a youngster and odd time present day but for a longest time there has not been the same class of fighters as 60's through the 80's..there were just so many great fighters and fights in all divisions ...I consider myself fortunate to have witnessed so many great great fights!

I guess not many know of Sugar Ray Robinson's accomplishments for a boxing history fan a no-no.......as for my buddy Roberto "hands of Stone"Duran....knocking out a horse at 15 years of age what can I say except I seen him beat Sugar Ray here in Montreal it was one of the best boxing nights I had ever witnessed live I seen Clevland Denny killed by Geatan Hart ,I seen big John Tate run away in the ring literally turn around and run from Trevor Berbick,and I seen Duran beat Leonard in a no fix fight because of being here in Montreal I truly believe that and much much more....here is a little history on why Roberto is ranked 5th greatest fighter in the last 80 years by ring boxing.......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Durán

Yeah, I always had respect for Duran. He's definitely in my top ten.

This is my top 5

1. Joe Louis
2. Muhammed Ali
3. Sugar Ray Robinson
4. Jack Jhonson
5. Mike Tyson

I hope you guys agree and if you don't Im sure both Johnnyboy and me would like to hear your top 5 boxers of all time. Thankyou.

David Haye. He is a fantastic boxer, as proven by his world title and he is a genuine, nice, funny guy too! Just a shame that the press conference brawl with Chisora will always be remembered whenever his name is mentioned. Puts a real dampener on his career!

Muhammad Ali
Pacquiao
Mayweather
Mike Tyson
Mr T

I am not a huge fan of boxing but I think it is interesting to see how the results go. These are the first 5 that come to mind when I think of boxers.

In no particular order:
Mohammed Ali
Joe Frazier
Joe Louis
Sugar Ray Robinson
Evander Holyfield

I'm not so big on boxing nowadays but here those are my favorites. They're all legit, respectable boxers, masters of the sport.

Ali, Liston, Louis, Robinson, Holyfield. I love boxing, it's rooted in such sheer athleticism and passion. What's weird though, is how even 'amateur' boxers are somewhat dedicated athletes...like there's not really a big recreational, 'I box on the weekends with some friends' community. With the rigt protective gear it doesn't have to be dangerous as a pastime.

Back