What's Your Favorite Card in Your Collection and What is Your Dream Card?

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
Everyone who collects cards has a favorite card in their collection. So, I'd like to know (and if possible) see your favorite card. What is your favorite?

Here is my favorite. It's my 1981 Topps #216 Joe Montana rookie. Not only is this my favorite card ever printed, but my example was a birthday present from my parents when I was 12. Someday I would like to pick up a nice high grade slabbed example, but I will never let this one go.

Next question is a little more fun. What is your dream card? It doesn't have to be the most valuable card out there...just one you want more than any other. The only rule is, it's a card that you don't currently own.

Unfortunately, my dream card is a little stereotypical, but that's OK. As I have posted before, I am working on a graded 1952 Topps baseball set. My dream card is the key of the set, the legendary 1952 Topps Mantle #311. I'm slowly saving for this card and my hope is in a few years, I might be able to buy a low grade (PSA 1) example. What you might not know about this card is...it is actually a double print. As a result, there are 2 (slightly) different versions of the card. Being that it is so expensive, I am going to be picky and only look for a "Type A" version as I think they look slightly nicer. Neither version carries a premium. But, here is a photo of the card...this is a Type A.

Favorite card:
2005 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Reverse Black 6 1/1

My favorite card? How about this puppy....at the moment!

BWyVFIVCQAA6ifK.jpg

When it came back, sorry for such a crappy photo

BdUx0xYCAAAvbjM.jpg

Dream card? Hands down, any of these 1/1 cut autos would be my dream card, more likely this one since it was his FIA License....

daveyallison-2014FiveStar-cutsignature-1of1-wholecard_zps9820985f.jpg

Another great thread CamaroDMD!

It got me thinking and you would think that collecting for over 35 years I would be able to but sad to say I can’t answer either question off the top of my head. :shame:

Granted I have cut way back with collecting in general but still part of the rat race called collecting. I guess I got caught up in the acquiring more so than the enjoying.

You have given me something to do and go through the remaining sports/non sports cards I still have and do some soul searching.

When I have answers to the questions I’ll post a reply.

Back