What’s the one you regret letting go?

lol, Yep I know, I could only Imagine what it would go for today. When I sold it I got $1,800 and that was probably 10 years ago.

You don’t even see them individually anymore.

Last edited:
I dont have one I regret let going because I got what I wanted for every card I ever sold, buuuut......in about 1992 I wrote to Walter Payton, and got a letter back saying he needed $20 per 8x10. That was an absurd amount to 11 year old me, whereas knowing then what I know now.....I woulda bought like 10!!!!

Had to sell off more than I like to think about the last time the economy fell apart. That includes a 2009 Bowman Sterling Auto Jersey 09/15 of some guy named Tom Brady. The guy had only won 3 Super Bowls by this point (I think) so it's not like there were any indications that he'd turn out to be the GOAT.
10311 (2).jpg

Had to sell off more than I like to think about the last time the economy fell apart. That includes a 2009 Bowman Sterling Auto Jersey 09/15 of some guy named Tom Brady. The guy had only won 3 Super Bowls by this point (I think) so it's not like there were any indications that he'd turn out to be the GOAT.
View attachment 10209
Hey, that is better than my 8th grade science teacher, he said that in 1952, he clipped a rookie card of a little known Yankee to the spokes of his bike to make it sound like a chopper. The player you may have heard of.....
71Be4lBpKuL.jpg

Oh my. That would be The One That Got Away, woudnt it??

Hey, that is better than my 8th grade science teacher, he said that in 1952, he clipped a rookie card of a little known Yankee to the spokes of his bike to make it sound like a chopper. The player you may have heard of.....
View attachment 10212
That reminds me of a story I was told about ten years ago. The gentleman who told me the story had an Uncle who would plan his vacation time around the start of spring training so he could follow his beloved Yankees around. One year said Uncle returned with a team signed bat for our story teller with signatures from Maris, Mantle and Berra to name a few (those are the ones I remember hearing, it has been a long time). Dave took that bat and did what any boy around the age of 10 would have done...he used it. He used it to play baseball with his friends, he used it to hit rocks when he didn't have a ball handy, he used that bat until one day he got a brand new one and then he chucked it in the trash...

That reminds me of a story I was told about ten years ago. The gentleman who told me the story had an Uncle who would plan his vacation time around the start of spring training so he could follow his beloved Yankees around. One year said Uncle returned with a team signed bat for our story teller with signatures from Maris, Mantle and Berra to name a few (those are the ones I remember hearing, it has been a long time). Dave took that bat and did what any boy around the age of 10 would have done...he used it. He used it to play baseball with his friends, he used it to hit rocks when he didn't have a ball handy, he used that bat until one day he got a brand new one and then he chucked it in the trash...
That shows though what value various generations ascribe to these things! To a little kid in the 50s or 60s, ok cool! My heroes wrote their names on my bat, but now lets go play ball! My gosh, what he could have sold that for....but the story is pretty cool too!

Kind of reminds me of the Sandlot and the Babe Ruth ball....

s-l1600.jpg

Back