What happens now?

if that was a rule it would be because of us from years ago and it would put us in the conversation for this years game as well
i dont think anybody will know at all until it happens, its gonna be a cluster-eff no matter what

Yep Oklahoma had no business being in the game that year, and proved it on the field.

This is the best year ive ever seen to have an argument for a playoff.

Also, I don't think you can say a team doesn't deserve to get in if they don't win their conference if not all conferences play a championship game.

VA Tech has no claim 41 point throttling by a team with the same record??????

Georgia/OU/USC would be the team getting screwed if LSU gets in

not VA Tech.

Yep Oklahoma had no business being in the game that year, and proved it on the field.

This is the best year ive ever seen to have an argument for a playoff.
no way you can say we didnt deserve a shot, we obviously werent better than lsu that day but they deserved a chance even though they blew it

Also, I don't think you can say a team doesn't deserve to get in if they don't win their conference if not all conferences play a championship game.
i kinda agree but the team your in competition with is from the conference you didnt win, but make everyone play a title game, another reason i hate the PAC-10

PAC settles it on the field everyone plays everyone as they play a 9th league game instead of scheduling a 4th patsy.

BIG 10 has some holes and possible arguments.

And you are just going this route because Georgia is the team in question ;)

I think Georgia is right in the mix with the top teams, but they couldnt even get to the SEC Championship.

PAC settles it on the field everyone plays everyone as they play a 9th league game instead of scheduling a 4th patsy.

I think Georgia is right in the mix with the top teams, but they couldnt even get to the SEC Championship.
Ive always said every conference needs to play a championship game, so it has nothing to do with it being Georgia.

I think Georgia deserves to get in, but I don't think they will.

that extra conference game is NOT the equivalent of a conference title game. there is no comparison to actually playing that game against (in theory)the next best team in your conference, where the winner goes to the big one and the loser doesnt

but your right about georgia, they are in the same conference as the other team we are talking about and they couldnt get it done but who knows if that actually eliminates them

Well at least we now know who the 10 BCS Teams will be

Virginia Tech
West Virginia
Ohio St
Oklahoma
USC
LSU
Georgia
Kansas
Arizona St (it would be Florida but each conference can only have 2 teams in the BCS)
Hawaii (Illinois would most likely take their place if they lose tonight)

I really wish UGA could have gone to the SEC Title game, even though I think they would have beaten a depleted LSU team (no Flynn, banged up Dorsey, Beckwith, Doucet, Keiland Williams) but then we would have a clear cut #2 from that.

that extra conference game is NOT the equivalent of a conference title game. there is no comparison to actually playing that game against (in theory)the next best team in your conference, where the winner goes to the big one and the loser doesnt

but your right about georgia, they are in the same conference as the other team we are talking about and they couldnt get it done but who knows if that actually eliminates them

I agree the Championship game is tougher then the extra league game. But what more does our champ have to prove, they have played every team in league and finished on top.

Can't avoid playing anyone beforehand.

The impact of this extra league game is on the league as a hole. Harder to get bowl eligible teams as they dont get the easier win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree the Championship game is tougher then the extra league game. But what more does our chap have to prove, they have played every team in league and finished on top.

Can't avoid playing anyone beforehand.

The impact of this extra league game is on the league as a hole. Harder to get bowl eligible teams as they dont get the easier win.
i suppose you can have bad situations with or without the title game but i think if we all want to go to the same title game we should all have the same system to determine who is our best team

By the way Zeeck, Washington is beating Hawaii 14-0 right now, so if Hawaii were to lose Illinois would likely be in the BCS:cheers:

Ive always said every conference needs to play a championship game, so it has nothing to do with it being Georgia.

I think Georgia deserves to get in, but I don't think they will.

A team that gets crushed by a sorry vols team does not desrve to get in over a team that has the same record and won there conferences. LSU and OU done that. So if it isnt one of them then it is gonna be a mess.

Back