what else...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
should i download?...had to update my licenses on my downloads and it wouldnt take to my external, so i hooked up my tower at my bros and ive been downloading...im also kinda babysitting, as the girls are in bed and my bro and sis in law are at a party down the street...my job is to call the cell if the girls start going nuts

scrappy

Bench Warmer
ok explain the correct definition

to me it's new age/alternative not hard core but a bit more mellow like fall out boy

sliqwill

Prospect
Not emo!

The term "emo" should be banned because nobody uses it right. How can Brand New and hellogoodbye both be emo?

forrest is a big fan of the super shorty short shorts....if i wore those id have some stuff hanging out that look like Peter Griffins chin :drool:

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
The origin of the term "emo".

In its original incarnation, the term emo was used to describe a subgenre of hardcore punk which originated in the Washington, DC music scene of the mid-1980s. In later years, the term emocore, short for "emotional hardcore", was also used to describe the DC scene and some of the regional scenes that spawned from it. The term emo was derived from the fact that, on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and strongly emotional during performances. The most recognizable names of the period included Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party, and, slightly later, Moss Icon. The first wave of emo began to fade after the breakups of most of the involved bands in the early 1990s.

Starting in the mid-1990s, the term emo began to reflect the indie scene that followed the influences of Fugazi, which itself was an offshoot of the first wave of emo. Bands including Sunny Day Real Estate and Texas Is the Reason put forth a more indie rock style of emo, more melodic and less chaotic in nature than its predecessor. The so-called "indie emo" scene survived until the late 1990s, as many of the bands either disbanded or shifted to mainstream styles.

People just over use the term emo now. Someone can say a band is emo and it won't tell you anything about the band. People say Brand New is emo. Then the same people will say hellogoodbye is emo. Not sure if you have heard either of them, but if you haven't, they sound nothing alike. If someone were to tell me that a band was emo I have no idea what to expect.

Brand New Myspace
Hellogoodbye Myspace

scrappy

Bench Warmer
never heard of either band

so it's like calling fall out boy emo and marilyn manson emo right afterwards

i have no shame in admitting that i listen and prefer alternative/new age music, but i'm a girl so i can admit it and not get crap for it.

sliqwill

Prospect
hellogoodbye lead singer forrest wears nut snugging shorts...

also charlie, The Spill Canvas has a new EP out :cheers:

redandpewter55

Bench Warmer
never heard of either band

so it's like calling fall out boy emo and marilyn manson emo right afterwards

i have no shame in admitting that i listen and prefer alternative/new age music, but i'm a girl so i can admit it and not get crap for it.
Did you click the myspace links to listen?

I listen to a bunch of different stuff and it is all considered "Emo". I just wish people would stop using the term emo because it describes absolutely nothing.

The Used, Brand New, and Hellogoodbye are all considered emo, but they are all different.

*cue Grant and Detox to make some emo jokes*