What company and what year is this card?

northicehero99

Veteran
3 (100%)
Do you just have a picture of the front of the card only? I am not real familiar with baseball and without seeing the back it is hard to give an exact answer. It could be Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, depending on the year or it could be "home-made". If it was issued by a "certified" card company, a lot of that information would be on the reverse side (back). Usually they put thier logo on the face of the card as well and there is none that I can see in the picture. I would ask for a picture of the back before trading or buying IMO.

Mike

TP9 | VC15
80 (100%)
Yeah, I agree with @northicehero99. I'd need to see the back, but it's pretty rare to see a card like this without at least some sort of logo or branding on the front. I'd be a little surprised to find out this wasn't a custom card rather than one from a manufacturer.

Saints22.

Bench Warmer
Do you just have a picture of the front of the card only? I am not real familiar with baseball and without seeing the back it is hard to give an exact answer. It could be Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, depending on the year or it could be "home-made". If it was issued by a "certified" card company, a lot of that information would be on the reverse side (back). Usually they put thier logo on the face of the card as well and there is none that I can see in the picture. I would ask for a picture of the back before trading or buying IMO.
Thank you. Here’s a photo of the back53D7C851-880C-4241-B44E-C398A1B01439.jpeg

Mike

TP9 | VC15
80 (100%)
With no kind of branding anywhere on the card, I have to believe this is a custom job. It is very well done, though. Is this a card you bought somewhere, or one that is for sale now?

Saints22.

Bench Warmer
Thanks for your help. I got it in a large 1990s collection purchase recently. Very strange that it has no data listed. I would assume that a custom card would very likely be fake. Hard to believe someone would go to the trouble to make a fake card of this quality. It looks amazing. But I’m sure it’s possible. If this looks identifiable to anyone please let me know. Thank you.

northicehero99

Veteran
3 (100%)
I agree with Mike, it appears to be "home-made" or "custom". People will do anything to make a buck or it could be someone was playing around to see if they could do it. It is a nice job, but I would venture that it is not real. I could be wrong, but I would expect some kind of company name on it or at least some kind of information on the swatches.

A guy in my area, that I knew, played around making "custom" game used cards, by buying jerseys at Good Will or Thrift stores then cutting up swatches to make the "hits". The ones he made that I saw were no where near as nice as that one, other than having nice looking patch swatches. You could tell his were fake, when you turned them on the side as the edges were not even between the front and back.

I would say you have a good conversation / display piece and hopefully it was not the reason you purchased the collection.

msw_sportscards

Rookie
1 (100%)
Authentic Signature is the company. This is an early form of the Authentic Ink (Custom card/facsimile autos) that have become so prevalent on ebay and every now and then they pop up in the FB groups.