what athletes/families have you sold to?

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
peddling low end for the most part, I get several relatives and such buying things...I start this thread because I just sold to another one...now this isn't like some guy named Smith buying an Emmitt Smith, im talking unique names and such...

some of the ones I know off the top of my head...

Grigsby, guy had cards in 2005, ive sold to Grigsby in the same town listed as his 'home'
Navarre, Scott buys John, John had cards in 2004, Scott is his cousin he has said...

and then today...

Jerry Wunsch, probably the most obscure of the 3, I put up a lot of 50 of several guys from 1997 Scoreboard, guys that went to colleges with good collecting bases. Wunsch went to Wisconsin, and all cards from 97 Scoreboard are in college uniforms...I have them 'reasonably' priced $14.99 BIN/BO on 'obscure' guys up to $24.99 BIN on guys that turned into stars (Orlando Pace, Warrick Dunn, Corey Dillon, pretty solid year actually)...anyway, got offered $10 for the Wunsch, which I accepted, and saw it came from a Gerald Wunsch, well paypal just came across and it is Jerry Wunsch...

I just think its cool when selling to someone 'known' and not jacking the price up (there are 2 other Wunsch cards I saw that were $1 + shipping, so a couple bucks for 1, or get 50 for $15)...

I know there are several well known collectors out there, including Keith Olberman - he opened a pack of 2015 Topps Baseball the other day on his show and has done several stories on cards...

I sold a Nick Travieso (Reds) to a Travieso. I asked if they were related and he said that they were first cousins

Back