Weekend card show here

lumm0x

Bench Warmer
There was a nice card show here this weekend. I dropped by Saturday for a few hours. They had Yvon Cournyer, Tony Esposito and Gordie Howe as signing guests. It was fairly busy. Not much football at all and few decent deals to be had on hockey.

Grabbed a few Carters:

09/10 Ultra EX (very cool card in hand, scanner does not do it justice)

UltraEX.jpg

05/06 Ultimate Signatures #22 &23

UltimateCollectionUltimateSignat-22.jpg

UltimateCollectionUltimateSignature.jpg

05/06 SP Authentic RC autos #11 & 12

SPAuthenticAuto11.jpg

SPAuthenticAuto12.jpg

Dug through a FB dollar bin where the cards were half price so I grabbed these for $2.50 total:
Matt Schaub Classics RC
Brock Lesnar Leaf R&S RC
Will Smith UD Legends RC (PC)
Michael Turner Finest RC
Michael Turner Upper Deck RC

FBShow.jpg

And finally ITG was live with their redemption program. Buy a box of "1972 The year in Hockey" and draw for a show stamped jersey or auto card. People were hitting some huge stuff and I love this throwback product. I'm gonna finish the base and insert sets for this. I remember all these names as a kid.

Here were the hits from my box:

Gary Edwards & Rick Smith blankbacks /72
Gilbert Perrault jersey
Rick Ley auto
Phil Myre auto (x2) :doh:

1972-1.jpg

So after that crappy bunch of hits I am really looking forward to the redemption card.....

Phil Myre jersey #'d 2/2 :doh: Dmmit Myre again :ban:

1972-2.jpg

I watched a few cases broken. I had the only crap box of the bunch. Like I said, I love the base set so I am not bothered. I'll trade my hits to finish the base stuff.

Fun few hours anyways. Ran into many board members from Canuck hockey boards so that was cool.

Brock Lesnar = Holy Sh!t ...

Love that EX Kelly. I wish I could call you, but, up in Canada they don't have cellular devices :cry: ...

Or should I say: "I would like to call you and express my utmost excitement over the EX Carter," but, you'd answer, say you're busy and it was good talking to you and we wouldn't talk til the NFL draft :(

i wish there was a decent show around these parts that didnt require me to drive for some highly overpriced crap

Back