Wander Franco 1/1 Found In Walgreens Pack

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I saw this on Instagram today. You would have expected to find this card in one of the hobby or jumbo packs but, no, it was found in a pack at Walgreens! Who says you can't get good cards out of retail packs!? Well, I did...but I retract...

I almost feel sorry for all the folks who were buying hobby boxes just looking for this particular card. I know those folks are pretty upset now, finding out it was found in a retail pack!

279168452_1136551113798937_5298357946643998983_n.jpg
Image by @jesusjunkies on Instagram

I'd imagine mortgage, kid's college, and a new pickup would all be possible for me with this card. I'm guessing $250k, or more, right?

People used to give me a hard time for buying blasters until 2007 when I pulled a Mickey Mantle GU Bat relic and a Dice K relic out the same box!!!! (2007 Topps turkey red)

Note the Dice K was was the only group A relic that year with some crazy 100k + pack odds and Mantle was a group B.

I know the price has dropped on the Dice K but at the time it was a $300 card and the Mantle was $150.

I've never had that kind of luck on retail, of course I don't buy boxes all that often either. Maybe a few a year is all. One of these days these kids of mine will quit begging for my money for silly things like college and food and I'll be able to spend more on what I want to spend on. 😂

Back