Vlad wins HR Derby ... but still can't speak a lick of English?

CommodoreCountry

Bench Warmer
Folks, I must confess I'm kind of troubled by the fact that after 11 years in the league (and the U.S.) Vlad can't speak any English. What's up with that? I should note that my wife and her family are Mexican immigrants and that they learned English quickly and my wife later went to college and is now a Spanish teacher, so i'm not a hater of immigrants or anything. I just think it's kind of shallow for him to never try to learn to speak the language of a country that has given him the opportunity make millions playing a game.

I thought he did speak a little English, but figured they wanted to do a spanish interview to try to attract more international viewers.

I guess its' his right, he hasn't become a US citizen has he? Honestly, if more baseball fans knew a large number of the stars they watch on the diamond can't or won't speak english they would lose even more fans...

As for the derby, I fell asleep as Pujols hit in round two, lol

The man doesn't wear batting glove and hits 500 ft homerruns. I don't care if he can't speak one word of english. That makes him the MAN.

I guess its' his right, he hasn't become a US citizen has he? Honestly, if more baseball fans knew a large number of the stars they watch on the diamond can't or won't speak english they would lose even more fans...
If you are in America, speak American! :D :D :usa:

Back