Football Vick to be released from prison camp May 20

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer
Michael Vick will be released from federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., to serve out the rest of his sentence in home confinement on May 20, Herb Hoelter, a member of Vick's defense team, and another source with knowledge of the sentencing told ESPN.

Vick will serve out his home confinement period in a five-bedroom home he owns in Hampton, Va., where he will live with his fiancée and two of his children. He will also work 40 hours a week at a local construction company, making $10 an hour.

Vick's sentence ends on July 20. He will be on supervised probation for the next three years.

Vick was suspended indefinitely by the NFL in August 2007, when he pleaded guilty to a federal charge related to funding a dogfighting operation, and also admitted to helping kill dogs that underperformed.

Regarding Vick's possible reinstatement, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told USA Today last month: "I am not going to make a judgment until I know all the facts on Michael Vick.

"I think it's clear he paid a price, but to a large extent he's going to have to demonstrate to the larger community -- not just to the NFL community and to me -- that he has remorse for what he did and that he recognizes mistakes that he made."

Vick also has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. His next hearing is scheduled for June 9.

Back