Vick arraignment to be held today...

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
I just hope they reach a conclusion on his status soon. Set the trial date and decide as a league when and if he will be suspended, as well as for how long. I am also tired already of the comparison to the Duke case. Its' just like that, except it is not :doh:

I just hope they reach a conclusion on his status soon. Set the trial date and decide as a league when and if he will be suspended, as well as for how long. I am also tired already of the comparison to the Duke case. Its' just like that, except it is not :doh:

There are a lot of similarities actually. Never thought of that. One big difference - he SEEMS to be guilty as sin.

So sick of hearing about him.

that is the thing, really aren't....

Duke Case....

*State indictment;
*driven by a local prosecutor looking to make a name for himself;
*conflicting witness statements (the two strippers had different stories of what happened);
*essentially a her word vs. their word case as it was laid out;
*one defendant had an alibi (atm video record) during the alleged assault
*complaigning witnesses story kept changing.

Now, I did not have a problem with the defendants (once indicted) being held off the teams, but Duke shutting down the entire team was a little extreme in my book)

Vick Case....

*Federal indictment;
*Multiple cooperating witnesses;
*Physical and eyewitness testimony;
*Vick ownership of the property AND founder of the Bad Newz Kennels is indesputable.

Not a lawyer, but to me the conspiracy charge is the key, if the defense can beat that, then all they need to do is beat the two charges where Vick was at the dog fights and participated in the murder of the dogs earlier this year. The rest can be argued 'he didn't know what was going on", meaning the others are screwed but he is safe. If the defense can't beat that charge, then Vick is basically on the hook for everything his boys did.

I think the comparison is strictly on the surface. The Dukies were basically convicted in the court of public opinion from the start. And people will argue that the same thing is happening to Vick already, guilty before the case even begins.

The actual details of the cases...not much to compare.

DOn't forget, speaking from the league's perspective not the criminal perspective, that ALL of this nonsense came about because someone staying at his house in VA (think his cousin don't quote me) was pulled over on drug possession. THAT led to a search warrant on the property, which then led to another warrant for the dogs. So from an NFL perspecitve, even if Vick was not involved (IF IF IFIF IF IF IF FIFIF), because of him this has sullied the league to a degree....

the guys from duke proclaimed their innocence from the start, everytime they were in front of a camera, they said they didn't do it. vick hasn't said squat accept he's not gonna talk about it, and when someone asked him if he was innocent, he said "yeah, that's exactly it" WTF???? if it's me, the only questions i'm answering is I DIDN"T DO IT.

Back