US Patent Office Cancels Washington Redskins' Trademark

Should the Washington Redskins change their name?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
I was on vacation from Saturday to Yesterday, but on my cell phone I saw the headline for an article that said the patent office had ZERO complaints about the name change before they made their decision to cancel the trade mark patents. WHAT THE HELL? That is total BS. I think this is the article I saw the headline for : http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/?page=2
Who did they ask? The fact is they didn't ask anybody if they thought it was offensive they just heard all the hubbub about it and decided to cancel.

I was on vacation from Saturday to Yesterday, but on my cell phone I saw the headline for an article that said the patent office had ZERO complaints about the name change before they made their decision to cancel the trade mark patents. WHAT THE HELL? That is total BS. I think this is the article I saw the headline for : http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-drew-no-public-complaints-patent-off/?page=2
Who did they ask? The fact is they didn't ask anybody if they thought it was offensive they just heard all the hubbub about it and decided to cancel.

Just more evidence that this was nothing more than political agenda.

Oh HAIL no. I am with the real Redskins in saying that WE should NOT change the name. It's just a name get over yourself.. As a society today we are easily offended now a days. If they change the Redskins name I say we change the Chiefs, Clevland Indians, Chicago Blackhawks.

I can understand why we had to change the Washington Bullets but I'm not sure the fans and the management picked the right name change for the team. The Wizards some can mistake for the KKK and the grand Wizards.

I will never accept the name change of the Redskins, they've been the Redskins for years therefore they will always be the Redskins to me..

Back