Upload Attachments With Your Posts

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure some of you may notice a new "Upload a File" button next to the "Create Thread" and "Post Reply" buttons. In order to make it easier for some members who don't have a photobucket, or other image hosting site, to post scans of their cards to the forums, we've added this option for all members. Below is a list of the file types that are allowed. If you feel other file types should be added, please let a team member know so that it can be discussed.

The maximum file size for each attachment is 1024 kilobytes. After you upload an attachment, you will have the option to display either the "Thumbnail" or the "Full Image". The thumbnail view is preferred, just because it will make the entire page flow better. Certainly not a requirement to use the thumbnails, though. :)

I've added an image attachment to this post so that members can see what the post, with the attachment, will look like.

Allowed File Types

Image Files

.gif
.jpg
.png

Attachment View

Thumbnail
Notice that by clicking on the thumbnail, you can then view the full image.

08-09HotProspectsSupremeCourtSC17.jpg

Full Image
If you are not registered, and logged in, all attachments will appear as a thumbnail even if they are attached as a full image. To view the full image, you must be registered, and logged in.

08-09HotProspectsSupremeCourtSC17.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could "Like" this post more than once.. We've talked about this for a long time, and here it is! And this opens the doors for some truly awesome and unique TCZ features to come later on.. can't wait, and so awesome we got this now :D

Just wanted to let everyone know that, unfortunately, we will be disabling the direct upload of attachments into posts here on TCZ (effective immediately). This is due to several reasons but the main reason is because the attachments uploaded to the site over the past 2+ years have made our daily backups a huge nightmare. Simply put, they take up too much space, and take too much time to download on a daily basis. This is costing us more money in disk space, and bandwidth, and since there are only a handful of people who have even used it in the past 2 months it's simply not worth it.

Now, for those of you who did upload images directly to the site, there are other options, that most of us already use anyways. If you're not sure what those are, check out Sports Card Album, Photobucket, and Imgur. These are all free options for hosting images of your cards. I'm sure there are others, as well.

All attachments that have already been uploaded will continue to remain on our servers (and be backed up) until they are at least 1 year old. Any attachments over 1 year old will be removed.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but this is a small sacrifice to have to pay in order to keep advertisements off of the boards, and out of your way!

Back