Hockey UPDATE - 5/16/13 - Thoughts on this redemption

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Not sure what to do with this redemption. It's been over a year and after many attempts to get an answer from Panini, they finally replied.

Redemption:

2010 Panini Crown Royale
Rookie Silhouettes Signature Prime Materials
#121 ( / 99)
Magnus Paajarvi, Edmonton Oilers, LW

Panini's reply:

We are still waiting on the autographs from that player. With redemptions we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The player’s agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. You may request that we send you out a random pulled card of equal value as a trade or continue waiting for the actual card. We will not replace a card until the customer requests that a replacement be shipped. Please let us know of your decision. Thank you and have a great day!

So, do I hold my breath that someday this guy will sign... or take my chances with a random replacement. Either way the card will end up being a Trader.

I had one also like Yours, Jason Spazza auto, year and half later I finally got it, I would wait it out for that card, its listed at $300 in bv, worth the wait in my eyes: )

The rookie silhouettes are highly sought after being out of 99, and no doubt set collectors will want this once it becomes live. I doubt if it will drop in price, because the demand will always be there. You can wait it out, and see what happens, or ask them to give you something of equal value from the Red Wings, which sometimes they'll listen to your request, and sometimes not, and they'll send you whatever they feel like that day. $300 should get you a nice card, or two of a star player in return, so if you don't feel like waiting, which likely will be till the fall now with playoffs, and summer on the horizon. Tell them you collect Yzerman, Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, and whoever else you like, and see what they send you? another silhouette from that set. Tough decision, though!

After some long hard thinking, I contacted Panini and asked them to send me an equal BV card... preferably Red Wings.

Will wait and see what I end up with.

During the server move this week, the following post by Redwing didn't make it. I'm quoting it here so the contents won't be lost:

Redwing said:
Hopefully I'm looking at the right card in my beckett Hockey....

Redemption:

2010 Panini Crown Royale
Rookie Silhouettes Signature Prime Materials
#121 ( / 99)
Magnus Paajarvi, Edmonton Oilers, LW

$150? Not sure which one you have, Patch is x1.2, 2 are listed as of April 14...Still worth the wait, #99 you should'nt have to worry about price drop!

2010-11 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouettes Signature Patch Materials #121 Magnus Paajarvi
2010-11 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouettes Signature Prime Materials #121 Magnus Paajarvi

Randy, when your card comes in check with me before you do anything with it. If it's something I can use, maybe we can swing a deal for some nascar stuff?

will do Troy...waiting for Panini's confirmation that they are replacing it.

Sounds good. I hope you get something nice! I nice Gordie Howe auto would be cool. He's in real bad shape, so he most likely won't be signing very much longer. I'm thinking about picking up a few more of his autos before they go up in price.

Update!

UPDATE!

Panini was not able to find a "equal value" Red Wing Autograph, so they made me this offer and I accepted it...

Lidstrom Limited Team Trademarks /49 jersey auto
Yzerman Limited/25 gold monikers autograph

I am VERY happy with what is now coming in!

Very nice! Even if you don't keep those, they should do well for you at the next show. I'm not sure where you are in fair value for the redemption, but if you post on HI what you were waiting on from Panini, and what they offered in return, they'll give you their opinions to see how you made out. Give it a shot.

Back