Unique trade idea for bulk/common cards

ucffans

Bench Warmer
I have a unique trade idea that I think would be fun. The US post office has the small flat rate boxes that ship for $4.95 regardless of weight. I found that you can stick close to 400 cards in the box. Here is my idea....

I love sorting through cards and finding other cards that I may not have even if they aren't stars or rookies. I propose making a collection of about 350-400 cards and swapping them with someone else. You can make a lot of any assortment of cards or years. Anyone interested?

I can make a lot of:
Fooball - (early 80s), (late 80s), (early 90s)
Basketball (late 80s) (early 90s)
Baseball (late 70s)(early 80s)(mid 80s)(late 80s)(early 90s)
Baseball by company - topps, donruss, fleer, upperdeck, bowman, sportflicks, minis, misc. cards like ones from hostess, star stickers, etc.

I'm actually just thinking about trading them for another persons lot - I wasn't thinking about selling them. One man's junk is another man's treasure....

I have two sons just getting into the hobby, so my top request would be mid90's to present in baseball. We could certainly do a mixed lot, too. I just think it would be fun.

could you possibly put together a lot of vikings and cardinals(baseball), I could swap for a lot ofpresent day baseball

Redbird - let me see if I can come up with a bunch of Vikings and Cardinals. I should be able to collect about 300 or so.

Spud77 - anything current 1995-present. My boys like the Phillies, Nationals, and Braves the most but any newer cards of players they know would be great.
I'll start sorting out some late 70's baseball and early 80's football. Now, some of the cards from those eras being commons aren't in mint condition, but I will make sure they are in very good condition or above.

redbird8 said:
Alright, I put together a good lot of both Vikings and Cardinals I think you will be happy with. Most cards in both are in the 80's but I also have some late 70's and 90's included as well. There are a few star players, but nothing of major value (Cris Carter, Chris Doleman, Wade Phillips, Vince Coleman, Ozzie, Jack Clark) and a lot of others.

The current cards I would like in a trade would mostly consist of Phillies, Nationals, Astros, Twins, Cubs, and Braves. Those are the teams my sons and I follow and see in spring training. Feel free to include any other ones as well since they like all the baseball teams, but the ones listed above are the favorites.

Spud77 - I was able to put together quite a bit of commons.

Football was mostly 79, 80, 81, and 82
Baseball was mostly 76-80

Some of them have shown their age.

I will be checking later tonight and tomorrow, but will be going out of town for 2 nights Thursday. I won't be checking scfreaks on Thursday afternoon through Saturday afternoon.

Back