Tribute Vern Lundquist and the CBS crew

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Lundquist and the entire CBS crew did an amazing job calling the game yesterday, as they have throughout the season. I have learned so much about Alabama's football team that hours upon hours of time on the internet on the message boards, reading articles, watching and rewatching games could not teach me.

Apparently, we have a middle linebacker named Orlando McCain. Well, I've known this for awhile. He is a hell of a player. Funny thing is, he only plays during CBS games. Man, he lays the wood! It's odd, when Orlando plays, Rolando McClain doesn't see the field :scratch: However, it was nice to hear Rolando McClain's name get called out on special teams. He apparently lost quite a bit of muscle mass, shrunk several inches, and changed to number 29 :confused:

Also, Nikita Stover caught his FIRST TOUCHDOWN PASS EVER yesterday. The other 5 or so that he had apparently did not count due to some unusual circumstances. I guess they went back and wiped those off the books.

Congrats to Jeramie Griffin for getting his FIRST CARRIES EVER IN HIS ENTIRE COLLEGE CAREER yesterday. Since the carries he got against Mississippi State did not count because they are a border-line marginal JUCO team, those failed to reach the record books and did not count.

Thank you CBS for your incredible attention to detail and digging deep to get us the type of info we would not have gotten otherwise :clap:

How about the production quality of those player interviews coming back from commercial break? Looks like they farmed out the work to some middle school tech club. Also, did you know that the SEC Championship game is on CBS next weekend? Apparently, Gary Danielson cannot remember a more important game in the history of college football. At least, that's what he said.

How about the production quality of those player interviews coming back from commercial break? Looks like they farmed out the work to some middle school tech club. Also, did you know that the SEC Championship game is on CBS next weekend? Apparently, Gary Danielson cannot remember a more important game in the history of college football. At least, that's what he said.

Yes, those interviews were amazing! I think they used an old camcorder they got at a yard sale for $15 to do some of those. And yes, the game next weekend is the most hugest amazingest game to have ever been played. Probably the biggest football game, college or pro, ever. EVER!

I also really enjoyed all the commercials between the GT/UGA game and our game. Yeah, the game was going on, but I was very interested to hear about various products I could by and shows I could watch on CBS. I was hoping for a few more, but they made sure that there were plenty of commercials for the afternoon.

Back