Trade Deadline 7-31

scottyb13

Rookie
Transactions: 13
So as you guys know the baseball trade deadline was today and as it was happening it made me wonder something. So when your team trades a guy on your team that you have an autograph or memorabilia card of do you still hang on to it or do you trade it away? In my case I have a few Ian Kennedy cards and he got traded today to the Padres. I have not decided what I will do with them yet. I just want to see how you guys deal with this situation.

I usually try to move them unless they were someone who I considered one of my team's greats. Take Emmitt Smith for example. Traded to the cardinals, but I'd never get rid of his PC cards. The same would apply to guys like Jason Witten and Demarcus Ware. Sorry I'm talking football in a baseball thread, but I'm not a huge baseball collector.

I usually hang on to anybody that played for my team fro several years. Any prospects that I have for my team that get traded would usually become trade bait, and anybody that has not played long enough to feel like a true part of the team.

I keep them. I didn't hear about any of this "trade him away because he ain't on my team no more" jazz until I started hanging online in card forums.

I keep them. I didn't hear about any of this "trade him away because he ain't on my team no more" jazz until I started hanging online in card forums.

Generally I agree with you, especially if he is in the "Right" uniform, but in today's world of joining the team for just 1 year, sometimes I will use them for trade bait.

Generally I agree with you, especially if he is in the "Right" uniform, but in today's world of joining the team for just 1 year, sometimes I will use them for trade bait.
Well yeah OK the schmoes who you get two or three years after the card came out and think "Huh? When was he on the team?"

Back