Topps "Request Sub" button for redemption cards

horfin

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
So in a box i bought quite some time ago I pulled a redemption of 2021 Bowman's Best Future Vibrance of Christian Pache,

I log into Topps website from time to time to check on the status of my redemption.

Today when I logged in next to that card it says "Request Sub" and I can click on it.

I went to ebay and there have been sales of this card.

I do not understand what the deal is on this. If it is being sold on Ebay then they obviously had them in stock, so the only conclusion is that they inserted more redemption cards than there were available cards.

This is so frustrating!

Last edited:
That is why any redemption I get goes right on to Ebay let some one else deal with the problem ..hopefully when Fanatics takes over
the redenptions will de handled better

1) Why didn't topps send me a message saying - "Log into your account and check the status and then say. We are sorry....blah blah"
2) has anyone clicked on the "Request Sub" - I am going to probably go off on them if I get some lame player. I mean Pache isn't Acuna/Franco/Rodriguez...but he's not a common either.

Bill

When I click on Request Substitute it says this:

You have requested to substitute your pending redemption. When you substitute your redemption, you will receive a substitute card or product of equal or greater CURRENT market value. Current market value is based on various factors, including eBay and Beckett pricing. Substitutes are selected randomly by Topps based on value and available inventory for the same sport or property. Substitute choices made by Topps are final. By clicking "Submit", you agree to have your pending redemption substituted based on the above terms.

This seems to imply that it is optional. Does anyone know if it is optional or I have to?

Thanks,
bill

So they are not saying they are out of it and I need to request a substitute? I can just let it go and eventually recieve the card I should get?

Thanks!
Bill

Just to bring this to a close and if anyone else would have the same question, here is the response from Topps:

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting Topps Consumer Relations.
You can choose to wait on your redemption if you would like. The request substitution button is automated. It does not mean you have to substitute.

1) Why didn't topps send me a message saying - "Log into your account and check the status and then say. We are sorry....blah blah"
2) has anyone clicked on the "Request Sub" - I am going to probably go off on them if I get some lame player. I mean Pache isn't Acuna/Franco/Rodriguez...but he's not a common either.

Bill
I requested a sub three weeks ago and its still pending. WHo knows what the heck is going on.

Poor Guys, here's where my Topps Redemption is:

Hi Guys

As you can see, I have been asking about the Willy Adames 2018 Topps Chrome Redemption since 2021. Had Called Several times in 2019 and 2020 (and 2021, 2022, and 2023) in addition to writing several times since 2021.

Eric said to give him 3 to 5 days to look into this, which would have been a week ago. I was told I was to receive a Tony Gwynn Museum Auto in exchange for the Adames.
Hopefully, I can finally get some cards and packs, for the four years of waiting.
Thanks Bob
Here's the "escalated" response from the CS supervisor.

Hello Robert,
I am hope you are doing well.
My name is Minerva, I am the Topps Customer Service Supervisor. I am reaching out because this matter was escalated on your behalf.

We would like to apologize for the long process and delays you are experiencing. We are very sorry the agent(s) failed to reach back out to you to inform you that the Tony Gwynn Museum Auto card that was agreed upon as a replacements is not available to be sent to you.

We would like to make this right for you and have a replacement card send to you by end of next week.

Original Card: 2018 Topps Chrome Rookie Autograph Refractor Parallel Willy Adames

Replacement card offer: 2020 Heritage Real One Auto Walker Buehler Special Edition /71

Please confirm the information on your redemption account is current.

We ask that you please "reply" to the email with any questions concerns.
Thank you for being a Topps customer.
Sincerely,
MInerva
Topps Consumer Relations Supervisor
email: [email protected]
Tel: 1-800-489-9149

My response to that was:
Sorry to hear that the promised Gwynn autographed card, as you might have noticed my email address, is missing. Would much rather have a Padre auto, ie Gwynn, Tatis. Machado, Musgrove, etc, than a Dodger auto.

Does this also mean that Topps is not adding anything, for the four years of waiting and calling about every 3 months?

Well, thanks for finally sending something

Bob

Back