To Tebow or not to Tebow?

I'm not a Tebow-fan, but my advice is to hold on to them. I don't see his card values dropping, but then again I haven't paid much attention to it. If you see them dropping considerably, why sell? You'd just be taking a hit, and his cards may rebound in a year or two.

One reason is he's not out of the game just yet, though his future is uncertain.

Another is his fan-following. He still has respect among a certain type of collector, and likely will for years to come, meaning demand for his cards is likely to remain consistent, or at least not fall much over the next few years.

IMO.

I agree. Tebow's name is always in the sports news and he's established a lot of permanent fans. I'd hold on to them, you could make it big if Tebow makes a comeback. I think he's too popular right now.

His value might go up depending where/if he plays in the NFL again. If you can get some cheap cards, then go for it...

I'd hold onto your current collection for a little while though.

I think eventually these Tebow cards may amount to something; hang tight. He has been a rather controversial player and is actually, a good player. He's not all done.

I also own several Tim Tebow cards including a few of his rookie cards. I own a Broncos Jersey that he signed. I would hold onto all of the merchandise. Even if he doesn't return to the NFL, he will be in the spotlight in some manner and that will help his merchandise retain some value. If he ends up running for political office and wins an election then the value of his cards and gear will skyrocket. Americans will vote celebrities into office. I wouldn't doubt that Tim Tebow becomes a Congressman or something along those lines.

I have a few Tebow cards as well. I am going to hold onto them because I feel like at some point they will be worth some money. He has always been good about staying in the media, and who knows he may end up playing in the NFL again at some point.

I have a few Tebow cards as well. I am going to hold onto them because I feel like at some point they will be worth some money. He has always been good about staying in the media, and who knows he may end up playing in the NFL again at some point.
Exactly. He is going to be a celebrity one way or another and that is going to help the value of his cards/merchandise. Does anyone else think that he is going to be a public speaker or politician? Those are the two roads that I see him going down in the future. Imagine president Tebow and how much the cards would be worth then.

Do I try to unload my Tebow collection for pennies on the dollar for what I paid for it, or start buying Tebow cards at a fraction of what they once were?

At the Card Show last weekend there was a "buyer" going from table to table... only asking for one thing... "Tebow".

Problem is... he was offering pennies on the dollar. Not sure if he had any takers.

I was shocked when he said if I knew of any Autographs he would gladly pay $5.00 to $10.00 each for them.

That guy must think as I do: Tebow will be a political figure at some point. I still think his cards and merchandise will be valuable. I'm glad I got my Tebow Broncos jersey autographed when I had the chance. These controversial figures often have value just because they attract the spotlight. Ironically, it is not because they are premier athletes. I'd love to see Tebow play a position aside from quarterback. I think he could be an excellent fullback.

I'm holding onto my Tebow cards. If I can't sell them for a lot then that's fine with me. I know that nostalgia will kick in with some of his lady fans later on in life and they'll buy them right up. He's gorgeous and the ladies love him. Save those cards boys!

Back