Peel or No Peel?

• Peel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Peel

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters
I

indy_jones

I'm sure this has been debated by millions of collectors but I've never heard any of the debate. I've heard that if you don't then they basically become permanent and will rip off the surface if you should ever try in the future. I've also heard that unpeeled is worth more.

When you have cards with a protective peel-off coating do you peel or not?

I say take a junk card and peel it to see what happens.

I'd try that but since I only have Elway I don't have any junk :)

If I do end up with some dups I might try it. Just thought you long timers would have done this or had the same question before.

Well I just tried to peel a 98 Finest Priest Holmes.....DON'T DO IT !!!!!!! you have to kill the card just to get a corner up to peel.....Once I did get it peeled, there was no damage to the front of the card itself from the peeled sticker......So I guess if you can somehow get the peel started without damaging any of the corners, which is nearly impossible, than I say go for it......If it were my cards, I'd say no way !!!! Hope this helps, Steve

P.S.: Does anyone need a 98 Topps Finest Priest Holmes#2 in the set ??? Card front is peeled and like new !!!!

Well I just tried to peel a 98 Finest Priest Holmes.....DON'T DO IT !!!!!!! you have to kill the card just to get a corner up to peel.....Once I did get it peeled, there was no damage to the front of the card itself from the peeled sticker......So I guess if you can somehow get the peel started without damaging any of the corners, which is nearly impossible, than I say go for it......If it were my cards, I'd say no way !!!! Hope this helps, Steve

P.S.: Does anyone need a 98 Topps Finest Priest Holmes#2 in the set ??? Card front is peeled and like new !!!!

yeah i remember peeling cards back in the day and usually you would do some edge damage to get it started, i suppose if you want to get some practice you can pick up a box of 96 finest for like $30 and those cards have the peel me off things

Most of the Troy Davis and Jerry Rice stuff I have from Pinnacle certified, finest etc, I usually try and get one of each peeled and unpeeled. Unpeeled looks much nicer IMO.

Most of the Troy Davis and Jerry Rice stuff I have from Pinnacle certified, finest etc, I usually try and get one of each peeled and unpeeled. Unpeeled looks much nicer IMO.

Thats what I would like to do too. I have a few doubles but mostly unpeeled ones.

Back