Tim Tebow Working On Throwing Motion

Jeremy

Bench Warmer
LOS ANGELES -- Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has been in Los Angeles working on his throwing mechanics with new UCLA offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

Mazzone and his son, Taylor, have been working out with Tebow twice a day for a couple of hours at a time since last weekend, Noel Mazzone said Wednesday, hoping to improve upon Tebow's heavily-scrutinized passing ability.

"He just came out here to throw and work on a few things and see if we can just become a little more efficient in what he's doing," Noel Mazzone said, noting that the sessions will last through the weekend and maybe longer. "Throwing motion, footwork, everything I work on with all my quarterbacks."
Tebow started 11 games for the Broncos in 2011 and won seven of his first eight starts, leading Denver to the AFC West title and a playoff victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. However, Tebow completed just 46.5 percent of his passes in the regular season and only 40.4 percent in the Broncos' two playoff games.

"It's kind of like a golfer who hit that bad drive," Mazzone said of working on Tebow's unorthodox throwing motion. "Every other guy in the foursome can tell you what you did wrong and all three opinions are different. We're just going out and kind of going back to the basics and working on some fundamentals to try and become a little more efficient."

The Mazzones previously worked with Tebow when the Heisman Trophy winner was coming out of Florida and helped him become a first-round pick in 2010. They also worked with him last offseason.

NFL teams are limited in the amount of practice time they are allowed with players during the offseason, but there is nothing preventing players from working with non-affiliated coaches. Mazzone said the Broncos are aware that he is working with Tebow and that he regularly communicates with Broncos quarterbacks coach Adam Gase.

"Obviously I wouldn't do anything that would go against what their beliefs are," Mazzone said. "I know after coaching quarterbacks for a long time, they're like girlfriends. You don't like other guys messing with them."

Noel Mazzone, who was Philip Rivers' offensive coordinator at North Carolina State, said the San Diego Chargers quarterback and Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder are expected to join the workouts later in the week.

Mazzone said he is also working with former Arizona State quarterback Brock Osweiler as Osweiler prepares for April's draft.

"Philip is right down the road and he's always itching to throw a football," said Mazzone, who was Osweiler's offensive coordinator the last two seasons at Arizona State. "He might shoot up and throw the ball around a little bit. That would be a good guy for both Brock and Tim to be around also."
Via: ESPN

------------------------------------------------
The media does a great job of making me want to hate Tebow.... But I like this kid.... I really do.... Season is barely over and he's working on his mechanics already...
(y):D(y)

I'm actually glad to hear this because I really like this guy, and hope he succeeds in the NFL. That said, he cannot continue to succeed unless he learns to throw the ball. As athletic as he is, and as hard as he works, he simply won't be able to get by on that alone as a quarterback in this league. Either learn how to be a pocket passer or fail, while bringing the team down with you.

I've been watching Tim Tebow since 07, and I've liked him from day one. I seriously dont understand the hate towards him.. he little smoother throwing mechanics.. and he'll be a real handful..

I seriously dont understand the hate towards him..

I dont think anyone really hates him personally... The kid seems genuine and authentic...

However, what drives most of the disdain is the medias portrayal of him and the constant in your face style of media hype, as if he's the next Dan Marino/Joe Montana... I know it drives me crazy... ;) I like his work ethic, leadership and athleticism... But he is flawed and is only in the media spotlight the way he currently is because of his baby face, Judeo-Christian views, and a few other factors. It isnt his talent......

I love me some Tim Tebow. great guy and i hope he does succeed in the NFL.

btw, personally, i rather be a great guy and a not so good fb player, than a great fb player and a not so great guy....especially when either option gets you the $$ and the chicks.

just sayin'.

I have grown to love Tim Tebow, which is hard being a Kentucky fan and he torched us when he was at Florida. I am not a fan of watching him because it is usually ugly football and I am a fan of a more traditional style. But, the kid is a winner and he is just a GOOD person. The media will continue to put him in everybodies face as much as possible, I believe, because they would love to see him screw up and would become an even bigger story. I hope he has a long successful career and never gives them media any ammo for negative publicity.

I have grown to love Tim Tebow, which is hard being a Kentucky fan and he torched us when he was at Florida. I am not a fan of watching him because it is usually ugly football and I am a fan of a more traditional style. But, the kid is a winner and he is just a GOOD person. The media will continue to put him in everybodies face as much as possible, I believe, because they would love to see him screw up and would become an even bigger story. I hope he has a long successful career and never gives them media any ammo for negative publicity.

EXACTLY. they've been waiting for him to fail more so off the field than on. people don't seem to like to have their shortcomings pointed out, and while i don't think he pushes his religion or anything in people's faces, i feel many people are so insecure that they see a kid doing all this good, and it makes them look at themselves in a negative light. so obviously the best way to fix this is not to try and better yourself, but hope that the guy that is making you look bad fails so you can feel better about yourself. it seems far fetched but i truly believe it.

i too hope he never gives them any ammunition, but no is perfect.

Back