Thoughts from your team yesterday?

bamasa37sb34

Bench Warmer
Alabama:

It was nice to actually see us whip a sorry opponent like we are supposed to. We were able to get alot of guys playing time, some which were pretty big surprises. Alot of true freshman played, including Nick Fanuzzi, the 3rd string QB. Hopefully he didn't waste a year eligibility on three handoffs. In CNS I trust:cheers:

The RBs all did something they were not doing last year: hitting the hole with reckless abandon. The OL, for once, pushed teams around like they should. The QBs, for the most part, made good, safe decisions. And finally, clock management did not seem to be an issue for the first time in ages. Getting up to the LOS with 12 seconds left and able to make adjustments is nice for a change:D WRs were getting in on the blocking and doing a good job springing the RBs to the outside. Yes, the team we played sucked, but some of these fundamentals were greatly lacking in the Shula era (even against the crappy teams).

There were some things that concerned me. The pass coverage on short passes was lacking. WCU's QB had too much time in the pocket. The kicking game is still lacking:doh: Next week at Vandy will be much more of an indicator on where this team is as far as SEC competition goes. Can't wait:cheers:

I thought Georgia looked really good. The RBs looked amazing and so did Stafford. Stafford threw one that hit the WR in the face and he dropped it. It would have gone for about 25. Kelin Johnson was the making a lot of hard hits and he had a nice INT late in the game. Georgia's biggest question mark this year was the OL and they looked really good. They gave up 2 sacks. Our true freshman LT got owned early in the game and Stafford got hit and it was incomplete. The rest of the game he looked pretty good. On one screen pass he drove his man 20 yards down the field to open a big hole. The DL got a lot of pressure too.

Harbaugh has Stanford playing a bit better, pass defense gave up 300 yards to them but they had 50 attempts.

UCLA's skill players look good, Olson is still too streaky for this team to hang with the elite of NCAAF.

Dont get ESPN U. We - Purdue - won handily in a game we were supposed to. Cant complain.

in Alabama the difference between Saban and the last few coaches they had, typically Alabama would beat a school like that something like 20-3 and let them hang around, a Saban coached team typically beats the crap (52-7) out of a lesser team.

Rutgers did what they had to do. Now it's Navy time ESPN Friday night National TV! I'll be there.

As you all know from some of the other post the Sooners looked totally awesome. A new QB doing what he did, A new RB doing what he did and a Defense that looked great.Again I know it was only North Texas but that was impressive what our RS Freshman QB and RB did. if it isnt a fluke then this should be a sweet year. Later all

U. of Arizona's offense is as bad as last year. They haven't learned how to run the spread offense, and I'm not sure they'll learn it in time for any real opponents. But knowing how things will go, they'll have the spread working great one play before Tuitama suffers permanent brain damage in an on-field collision.

Wasn't impressed, but I know better than to get optimistic with the Cats' football team.

As you all know from some of the other post the Sooners looked totally awesome. A new QB doing what he did, A new RB doing what he did and a Defense that looked great.Again I know it was only North Texas but that was impressive what our RS Freshman QB and RB did. if it isnt a fluke then this should be a sweet year. Later all

agreed, it was not much of an opponent but we did what we were supposed to do 77-10
ready for miami next week

I thought Georgia looked really good. The RBs looked amazing and so did Stafford. Stafford threw one that hit the WR in the face and he dropped it. It would have gone for about 25. Kelin Johnson was the making a lot of hard hits and he had a nice INT late in the game. Georgia's biggest question mark this year was the OL and they looked really good. They gave up 2 sacks. Our true freshman LT got owned early in the game and Stafford got hit and it was incomplete. The rest of the game he looked pretty good. On one screen pass he drove his man 20 yards down the field to open a big hole. The DL got a lot of pressure too.

I really liked how Georgia played on both sides of the ball, and they did it against a solid team. Moreno (sp??) was fun to watch, loved that long run that got called back.

As for Oregon, if you can't find where you left your sack and stop the run you are not going to finish above 500 this year. :doh:

I really liked how Georgia played on both sides of the ball, and they did it against a solid team. Moreno (sp??) was fun to watch, loved that long run that got called back.

As for Oregon, if you can't find where you left your sack and stop the run you are not going to finish above 500 this year. :doh:

Moreno! Jersey kid!:cheers:

Auburn:

Offense was bad... but that wasn't a total shock to me. They scored at the end when they had to, and the W is all that counts.
Defense was very solid, but not spectacular until the final few minutes. That will be our strength this year. Played well considering 3 starters were hurt and missed the 2nd half.

If we play like that next week, we will get beat. South Florida is better than K-State. USF is better than South Carolina. USF is better than Kentucky. USF may be better than Alabama. USF could be better than Auburn. USF is very good!
Luckily, our coaches know this (even if 90% of the country think they're a no-name directional school).

-Jon

Back