Things GUARANTEED to tick off the new Commish

I would always expect that type of classiness from someone in the Steeler organization ;);):D

I think I'm alone, but I like the new commish a lot, even if he did suspend C Hen.

I would always expect that type of classiness from someone in the Steeler organization ;);):D

I think I'm alone, but I like the new commish a lot, even if he did suspend C Hen.

Well, I kinda like him too, and to disagree just a bit, but BECAUSE he suspended Henry and Pac Man. I know you like him, but c'mon, how many run-ins with the cops did he have? You can argue that 8 games might be a bit steep, but I'm guessing that more than a few of the NFL's "bad boys" (evidentally Vick didn't get the memo) have thought twice about their behavior. Not enough yet, but I'll bet it's happened.

Now, if he'd get off the "No Fun League" bandwagon, I'd really like him :D

Well, I kinda like him too, and to disagree just a bit, but BECAUSE he suspended Henry and Pac Man. I know you like him, but c'mon, how many run-ins with the cops did he have? You can argue that 8 games might be a bit steep, but I'm guessing that more than a few of the NFL's "bad boys" (evidentally Vick didn't get the memo) have thought twice about their behavior. Not enough yet, but I'll bet it's happened.

Now, if he'd get off the "No Fun League" bandwagon, I'd really like him :D

lol, no I didn't mean he shouldn't have been suspended, he absolutely should have. I just mean despite him suspending a guy I like I still think he's doing a good job. I'm not quite dumb enough to think Henry didn't deserve a suspension :D

I think he's intent on making his mark and name for himself in this league and the niche he's decided to differentiate himself upon is the behavioural problems of some league players. It appears he is set on keeping NFL players from being viewed as spoiled thugs (something IMO many basketball players are guilty of) and if cleaning up the league and etching his name in it's history is done at the expense of some miscreant players that revolve football around their irresponsible lives then so be it. No loss IMO. Let the guys that truly want to be there play and make the most out of their playing careers not the least as some are likely to do.

I really like Goodell. I have no issue with him suspending people. Since it seems some players are competing to see who can get the longer rap sheet.

Back