the start of 'awesome' april?

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
due to some slow and foreign shipping, I guess this will get several updates along the way, but figured id go ahead and get started so I could start filing things away...

n1.jpg

cheap scrub RB pickup...

n2.jpg

cheap scrub QB pickup...ive had several of these in the past and have always moved them...hes still bouncing around the league

n3.jpg

my favorite guy that could get cut from a CFL team...I think its my 3rd of the standard, and 2nd of the 'turned' version

n4.jpg

got this for 1/4 of what I sold one for a couple months ago, its gold /25

n5.jpg

my 2nd of these /179, hoping for a heck of a World Cup out of her...starts in under 2 months, and if you check eBay, there aren't a ton of her autos currently on the market...and this isn't the last you will be seeing of the lovely Alex in this thread for the month...

n6.jpg

for the price I figured what the heck, got it for about 1/4 of what ive sold some of her rare stuff, and these are 1-2 per case of hobby and 1:400 blaster boxes

n7.jpg

im hoping for a late summer wedding with Tiger, got this for 1/3 of what ive been offered on 01/15, which was still less than the previous sale...have to hide this one until it falls off the completed listings...its /15

stay tuned, I should have another update Monday...

also, my Blowout Gift Codes came in today from the junk au/jsy stuff they are doing...I guess im going to try to 'razz' them...that's what a couple of the guys suggest...anyway, if you are looking for Blowout Codes, im looking for 95% of face via PayPal GIFT, and have them in $500 and $100 form...so if you want one, shoot me a PM, I should have some for a week id guess, as I don't want to fire them all off at once...

Last edited:
n8.jpg

not the Carano I had before, but the price was right on this one, so yeah, went ahead and got it...

n9.jpg

I think you've already met miss Alexandra Morgan...not the last you will be seeing of her in the future..

n10.jpg

and one of my most desired cards that ive been trying to get for quite awhile, now I just need to get a Silver /30...the 2012 Topps Gold Auto Natalie Coughlin /15...

n12.jpg

took a COMC order, you will see why later, but ive been snagging some cheap Jordan Lynch Contenders...

n13.jpg

quite disappointed in this one, the bottom corner is crimped, got it cheap, but it does detract - Noelle Pikus Pace Bronze Auto /50

n14.jpg

dear Gracie, what do we have here...Gracie Gold Silver Auto /30...i have a feeling you will have deja vu soon...she has that effect on people

and the reason i took a COMC delivery...

n15.jpg

if you dont do Olympics, you dont know how rare this one is...i sold a base relic for 1/2 of what this cost me...

n16.jpg

2012 Topps Gold Relic Alex Morgan Jersey /25

to give you an idea, the Phelps sold for $169, and i sold a Maya Moore for $100, i think when i last checked there were 6 cards from the set listed on eBay and i owned 1 of them, the Shawn Johnson...i also have 2 Natalie Coughlins from the set...going to go ahead and see how stupid people will get on this already, but im pretty sure i can turn it into an auto or two of her...maybe more...

since ive been tracking cards from the set, albeit mostly the gymnastics girls, but i do check completed, i have NOT seen one of them before...

pretty sure if this thread were a magazine she would be Miss April...

n17.jpg

2012 Heroes & Legends Relic Alex Morgan /199, it looks 2 something, and the material is raised and a bit different, but it isnt 2 color...

also, i have a package now cycling...i hate that crap...should have been here about a week ago now...

the month of Morgan continues

n18.jpg

2012 Americana Heroes & Legends insert - I think im up to 5 or so now

n19.jpg

2011 Upper Deck MLS Draft RC

n20.jpg

2012 Americana Heroes & Legends Bronze Proof Relic /99

is this the end of the month of Morgan?...nothing currently inbound, but that doesn't mean much...

yeah, its about 1/2 and 1/2 for flip and PC...hopefully I pull some interesting stuff in my boxes that are due in this week...also have some interesting stuff inbound from eBay and a small boards purchase on blowout

been after a Coughlin for quite awhile as she is one of my favorite Olympians...she was at a meet over the weekend but left early...Phelps did win, so that is good, but I only have the 1 Phelps auto...

itll probably be awhile before I get more Jordan Lynch Contenders, as ill just get the cheap ones on COMC or if I check eBay and there is a decent size lot...kid is really talented but wasn't given much of a chance in Bears camp...

hard to get a /264 when only 1 of those cards has a print run over 199...

maybe ill get some in my Heroes and Legends that I bought last night, if it isn't Carly Patterson I should be able to part with it...all the soccer stuff is /199 or less, but some of the other stuff is /499 in that set, and I get what 15 or 20 hits coming out of it...id love an Alex Morgan Gold Proof of any kind, those will be big money..

n21.jpg

Gracie Gold Silver Auto 07/30 (#2)

doesnt look like anything else will be arriving from eBay for about a week, maybe more for stuff that is worthy of showing, but expect some nice stuff to appear Wednesday/Thursday from a 27 box break...

22 more boxes of 2014 Olympic Hobby
5 boxes of 2012 Americana Heroes & Legends Hobby

the Heroes and Legends should spit out something nice, hopefully of Alex Morgan or Carly Patterson because they are easy moves, of course a Jim Thorpe relic would be nice, or an astronaut auto/relic would be cool, should pull one of those..

mail from Korea is much faster than mail from Russia...

n23.jpg

2012 Topps Olympic Nastia Liukin Auto BGS 9.5/10, its for the flip...i sold my other Nastia last month for 3x what i paid, hoping for similar results with this...

Nastia is currently on Dancing with the Stars and should end up in the top 3, so she has another couple weeks of exposure...she isnt as likeable as most of the other Olympians, but she is way better than Lolo Jones was last season...

hoping my cases get here early tomorrow, but i doubt it, UPS guy has been going through around 3 when i dont get stuff, and odds are it wont get to my local hub until 6am or so tomorrow, as one is in Ohio and the other Pennsylvania at last check

nusted 3 2012 Olympic Blasters, 3 2007 Indy Racing boxes, and another case of 2014 Olympics...

should have stopped after the first box of each...

2012 Olympic Blaster #1 had 2 less than stellar hits, the other 2 blasters had NOTHING
2007 IRL first box had Dan Wheldon auto (I was trying for a Danica Patrick), other boxes had junk autos, just got a variety of Danica RC base
2014 Olympic Box #1 had Seth Wescott Gold 2 CLR Relic AND Gracie Gold Bronze Auto, the rest, not so much

n1_1.jpg

From the mail, from Blowout purchase, 2005 Cedric Houston Contenders SP /116, and 2012 or 13 Finest Plate Josh Freeman
n2_1.jpg

From the Olympic Case /25, not a high selling athlete, but he doesn't have many multicolor relics
n3_1.jpg

from eBay, bought a lot of the 'harder' to get Relics from 2014 Olympics
n4_1.jpg

2015 Topps Knockout base of Rose Namajunas and Randa Markos...both were in the TUF 20 house, Namajunas lost in the initial title fight and Markos was one of the 'shockers' of the house, I believe she was a 14 seed and won 2 fights in the house before losing to Namajunas...this past weekend Markos won a fight in the UFC that was on the internet only prelims portion, and Namajunas fights in May or June, id have to look, but its soon...
n5_1.jpg

From the case break, /50, my 2nd
n6_1.jpg

traded a few Olympic things to a guy on blowout doing a set, hadn't gotten a base auto of Shawn Johnson yet, so now I have one...

probably another post later today from the mail...how I get stuff from California faster than stuff that was from 70 miles away is beyond me, but I have a few more cool things that should be arriving today, provided the mail doesn't act funky again...

and ive got some fairly nice stuff lined up for early May arrivals...

Back