The PLAYOFFS are coming the PLAYOFFS are coming

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
score...a final 4 in football...

not sure why, but NIU President John Peters got to vote...i guess the success of Boise State lets Mid-Majors have a say in it...for some reason i dont think this is a proper fix to the BCS, but it is a good start

maybe the next step is a system where the "MAJOR" NCAA conferences as well as the Mid-Major conferences all get into the playoffs...but heres the thing...to get into the "Post Season" brackets, you MUST win your conference playoff...and none of this "Big 10 Legends division" or "SEC East", you have to witn Big 10 or SEC...

im sure with a 'system' like that, the "BIG" confrences (SEC) will complain that they only get 1 representative in the playoffs...i think the conferences would need to be 'established' cant just create a 'new' conference so you can play 'shitty' teams to win your conference (as Mike and Charlie have said in the past, the WORST SEC team could likely beat a Mid Major like Boise)...

now, hopefully we wont have like this year, where LSU v Alabama had been played already and Oklahoma State deserved to play for the title...and its not because im an Oklahoma State homer, or SEC hater...had LSU played Oklahoma State during the regular season, but not Alabama in the regular season, id think LSU v Bama would have been the game to have...

there is still going to be a ton of bitching with 'we got screwed because we play in a superior conference but are restricted in the playoffs' stuff ahead...

I think it should be the four best teams. If they are all in the SEC, then the other conferences should play better football.

ok i heard some about this not read a lot yet . But are they still going to have bowl games? Plus a 4 team playoff?

Ernie, yes, still doing the bowl games...

i dont care if you win your conference title with 5 wins or lose with 10, if you cant win your conference, you cant win the national championship...

look at playoff stucture in the NFL, you dont have to win your division to make the CONFERENCE playoffs, but you do need to win your conference to win the Title...

Back