The Not-so-good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Firth-of-Fifth

Bench Warmer
All of you have recently seen my post(in the wrong forum) bringing to light 3 trades gone bad. I have been asked to report what has happened concerning these trades. I had 7 trades the weekend of 1/20/07. All the trades that I made were made with the stipulation that the cards would be shipped & DC# given on that Monday(22nd). Like promised, I shipped 6 packages w/ DC on Monday and the recipients were given DC #'s. I received 4 of the 7 trades that week. The specifics as to what happended next are chronicled in my post in trades under review, but I will give a quick account here. I want to note that I tried my best when contacting these traders including emails and 25 pm's sent(between the 3 traders)that I have saved. I have to add that I only received positive type of correspondence ONLY after I made my post.

Dwilly-2 weeks prior to our trade we completed our first trade which he sent first and went off without a hitch. We then made the deal on the 20th and I made the mistake of sending on Monday even knowing that he was still send first. MY bad. I never received a DC# that week from him despite send multiple correspondence. He then finally PM'd me back and stated that he was sick, didn't ship on the Monday, and that he sent UPS. I asked for a tracking number and he did not return my pm. I then made the post. He then pm'd me and stated that he got the package back as undeliverable because of having my wrong address. I pm'd him back and asked for the tracking number anyway because that would show proof that he did ship. He never gave me a tracking number. After the post, I pm'd him and requested(sternly) that I get a dc# and he ship immediately. He pm'd me on saturday and said he would ship UPS today from work and send me the tracking number. I was so surprised that I did not get a tracking number today, so my cards are still in his hands. He lied to me multiple times and it's been 2 weeks since he was originally supposed to ship my cards. He was already a MSF and the least we should do is keep him a MSF permanently(just my opinion)
Dillon Crotty
1538 Mirror Lake Dr.
Naperville, Il 60563

23 R Brown 23-I paid for our deal through Paypal on the 20th. He also said that he would ship UPS that Monday from work and provide me with a tracking number. I attempted to contact him multiple times that week to no avail. After I made my post, I did receive a PM from him 2-2-06(10 days after he said he would) and he also told me that he was sick and that he would ship the next day and provide me with a tracking number. No tracking number followed. That was the last I heard from him. I placed a dispute with Paypal on the 3rd and have not heard anything from him. The only good thing about that is that he cannot use Paypal while in a dispute.
Nick Cacace/PayPal Phillip Cacace
21 Huckleberry Hill rd.
Brookfield, CT 06804

Smallville-Another sick excuse(must be an epidemic caused by me through osmosis when I trade with these people online). I never received a tracking number and on Wed & Thu I pm'd him and he said that he shipped but that his DC was in his car and his fiance had it, but that he would pm the number in the morning. I sent multiple pm's/emails but didn't get a reply from him until after my post. We had multiple pm's back and forth on Friday and he did state that he would send the cards on Saturday and he did provide me with a dc#. he actually admitted lying to me but stated that was no reason to void the trade. here is the pm and yes I was ****** off at him and was sarcastic:

Re: Panthers Trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO. I can void the deal because you did not follow thrrough with your end of the deal and you lied. You need to accept responsibility for what you did and the price you need to pay is NOT getting the Panther cards. You think you can lie without there being any consequences. That may work with mommy and daddy, but not me. You have to accept the consequences of your actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville_trader
I get it I lied..but how can you void a deal??? Cant we just finish this deal and go on with this...and just avoid each other...

I will let you know when I receive my cards, but I don't feel very positive about it. I was pm'd by others who have traded with him/her before with 1 saying they have been waiting a month and another telling me it just takes a long time for him to send. I checked a post on Topps which addresses the same subject with him.

Ashley Reams
112 N. 4th st. Apt. 3
Clearfield, PA 16830

That's my 3 hard luck stories, but I estimate I have about $400 worth of cards riding on these trades, so I hope you will forgive me for posting in the trade/sales forum.

I received the cards from smallville today

Dwilly has not contacted me with a Tracking number like he said was going to do again.

23R Brown 23 has not contacted me and has not answered the dispute with Paypal.

The above trades have been resolved, but I had to jump through hoops just to get my cards/money back. I am glad though that they did this to me rather than a member because it would have turned anybody off to the site. MSF is a slap on the hand to these losers. Thanks for everyone's help.

Back