The Free Stuff Thread

WestCoastSkinsFan

Prospect
Transactions: 5
I had alluded to this earlier, but I think this might be a better way to really illustrate just how many giveaways are out there for collectors like you and I.

Within recent memory, I've won the following collector-type prizes online, from the following sources:

-2012 Topps Strata Football box, AtlantaSportsCards
-2012 Topps Supreme Football box, AtlantaSportsCards
-2011 UD College Legends box, DACardWorld
-4 packs of 2010 Topps Magic Football, Topps
-2013 Black Box 1/1 patch of Dwight Howard, Panini
-John Riggins Redskins signed mini helmet, Panini
-Larry Bird Fleer auto, AtlantaSportsCards
-$25 gift certificate, AtlantaSportsCards
-Justin Tucker Totally Certified auto #/5, K2SportsCards

And if I recall, that's all from THIS YEAR. I know I'm missing some, too! Amazing, isn't it?

I'll update this thread from time to time with new winnings, but the moral of the story is this: follow companies on Twitter. Read their blogs (especially Panini's). Follow them on Facebook (if you have them, unlike me). The contests are out there! Someone WILL win them. Enter a few, and you might be surprised.

Nice post, Sam. It's good to see these companies getting involved with the hobbyists on a more personal level. It really looks like Atlanta Sports Cards either really likes you, or they do a lot of giveaways. I'll definitely have to check them out on Twitter.

Thanks for sharing.

They've run a lot of new contests promoting their new site. And I order from them a lot, so that probably doesn't hurt! The Bird was a 100% unsolicited giveaway. I was shocked!

They've run a lot of new contests promoting their new site. And I order from them a lot, so that probably doesn't hurt! The Bird was a 100% unsolicited giveaway. I was shocked!

Yeah, I bet that's right! That was definitely one of the best freebies I've seen in quite some time.

Yea, all those contest.. Great for collectors, if youre allowed to enter that is :LOL:

Amazing luck youve had Sam.. share the wealth ! :p

AtlSportsCards does amazing giveaways. I received a triple GU base card from them. It wasn't a win because it wasn't a contest - just a straight giveaway.
I won a 2012 Topps BB factory set (series 1 & 2) and hobby box of 2012 Topps Update Series BB from MLB RBI.
I won a PSA 10 Jeter/Garciaparra insert from Small Traditions.
I won 5 packs of 2013 NFL draft pick cards (2 HIT, 3 Leaf) from Ballboy Cards.
And a bunch of other giveaways/prizes from other Twitter contests - including waiting on a prize from Press Pass.

Add two to the list!

-Chiefs in the May 2013 TCZ Group break! (Got a nice Tyler Bray auto)
-A Therapearl gift pack. Weird one, here. It's a company that does hot and cold packs for atheletes, and I guess they did goodie bags for the NFL Rookie Premiere. I won one of the extra goodie bags, though unless it's somehow NFL related, my wife will likely get more use from these, dance teacher that she is.

Back