the end is here...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Dear eTopps Community,

Thank you for participating in this year’s NFL football release as well as your continued enthusiasm for eTopps card offerings over the past ten years. Moving forward, we no longer plan to offer new cards each week. For now, we will continue to offer weekly catalogs and a baseball fantasy game, and we will maintain trading, selling and shipping services for eTopps cards.

We look forward to sharing new digital developments with you in the future, and thank you for your support of eTopps.

Sincerely,
The Topps Company

they dont officially say they are done with the wording 'each' week...if they have a license i dont see why they wont continue to produce new cards here and there as a means of quick cash, but for the most part, it appears to finally be over...

also the 'over the past 10 years' makes it sound as though they did offerings for 10 years, but it was 12 :wall: :doh: (2000-2011)

see even they dont know what they were doing

Ya Losing out on a lot of money but it seems like for the past 2 yrs they just really haven't taken care of the site. Maybe ask us collectors or Buyers what needs to be done to spark the site. But that would be to easy .

the fact they would need to ask is the first problem, shows how out of touch they already are...

they went overboard with the points thing, it worked great in the start, you could get up to 3 points on a card per year, that was it, plus you got a point for every $25 you spent at IPO...

then they went to RRO, which was fine, but they over-reacted with the 'random' part didnt go over well from people who missed out...

i think these 2 things really killed them, selling a card, like a Pujols for $5 then 'giving' out 25 points on it was a losing venture, but because thats how it 'was' they are scared to go back to how it was before because of the potential bad reaction from part of the community...

i think by running the fantasy game, restructuring the point value, and going back to 'random' RRO times, they can get by with doing some IPOs again and make it profitable, but you cant run a company if you are giving more incentive value than you are bringing in from sales...

and you cant use points to ship now, so if you take 3 cards you can get them for $6.95 for the first and $1.60 each additional (up to $30 total value of cards per etopps value)

if you want more than $30 value, you have to go UPS, $12.95 for the first $1.75 each additional :shock:

i sure as hell wouldnt pay that much to get them delivered, i should have requested more cards since im sitting on over 100 points still that you can only use in the catalog now...

yeah I had what I could delivered when I could still use the points, and that is with selling you the dj shockley I had, to get a couple of extra cards!!! thanks for the points sliq!!

i didnt look to see who traded me stuff, i think i have 81 shocks, was slowly making a play at them since people like to get a high # of low PR and then drive the price up, i was doing well under the radar on them for the most part i think

Only a company as fucked up as Topps could fail to capitalize on a great concept like this.

topps twitter apparently said they are DONE with IPOs

beckett has a poorly written article on their site about eTopps

catalog tonight, should be interesting

also, ive removed my credit card info from the site, as there is no way in hell id pay the $1300 or so it would cost me to get my cards sent to me under this new shipping system

also, there are still points waiting to be issued (end of season awards for cards that had to be in your account as of noon eastern the monday after the last game of the regular season) - they also issued points that were outstanding for like 3 weeks earlier today....

I removed my card info too. Guessing catalog is nicer than normal because they want their points back. My understanding is that outstanding points could be a card held by their future courtroom opponents.

holy crap, that is great news for me, i need to start listing stuff now, i built another 100 or so today and have the 3000 that didnt sell last time around, ill need to get everything compressed before i go to bed, so as soon as i get up itll start listings...

holy crap, that is great news for me, i need to start listing stuff now, i built another 100 or so today and have the 3000 that didnt sell last time around, ill need to get everything compressed before i go to bed, so as soon as i get up itll start listings...

....and I appreciate you putting the serial number in the listing.... :salut:

Back