The Best Songs Ever!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Transactions: 5
I have to vote for two - Phil Collins In the Air Tonight and Charlie Daniels Band - Devil went Down to Georgia.

@horfin

Love Charlie Daniels....in fact, my mother and father in law owned a tavern and frequently played Charlie on the juke box in the 70s and 80s!

Not sure if you watched Miami Vice in the 80s, but Phil became a household name after In the Air Tonight was used in this scene from the first episode!

LarryG

All-Star
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Not one of the best songs ever, but I was interested in Bryson Stott of the Phillies walk-up song and can't get the chorus out of my head now. Fans seem to have a lot of fun with it. Hope the Phillies win tonight!

Last edited:

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Not one of the best songs ever, but I was interested in Bryson Stott of the Phillies walk-up song and can't get the chorus out of my head now. Fans seem to have a lot of fun with it. Hope the Phillies win tonight!

Great stuff Larry!! I am rooting for the Phillies now too!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
So now there is a Halloween candy to go along with the song (and Bobby Pickett's bizarre facial gestures on American Bandstand!!)

20221106_100851_HDR.jpg

Vincent Price evidently did a version, sort of a?music video? Monumentally strange, to say the least!

The animated version is much better!!

This song is the Halloween equivalent of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" or "Frosty the Snowman" ..... love it or detest it, you still gotta hum along!!

Last edited:

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Not sure how many of you know Joe Satriani, but he is an amazing guitarist!

Joe-Satriani-1360x765.jpg

"Friends" was the first song of his I ever heard, and always my favorite:

"War" is awesome:

As is "If I Could Fly!"

Steelers8873

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hey friends,

My wife always kids me that I have everything from Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman swing era to Megadeth on my playlist, and there are just so many great songs out there! I wanted to share some here, and would love to know what everyone else just CANT stop listening to! New, old, and everything in between!

I'm a huge Satriani fan he is a big reason why I learned to play.