The Best Songs Ever!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Transactions: 5
Hey friends,

My wife always kids me that I have everything from Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman swing era to Megadeth on my playlist, and there are just so many great songs out there! I wanted to share some here, and would love to know what everyone else just CANT stop listening to! New, old, and everything in between!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Inasmuch as I love Joe Satriani, I gotta give some respect to Slash too! I could tell you where 6 year old me was standing when my uncles, then teenagers, dropped the needle on the Appetite for Destruction record and I heard those beautiful riffs!

Listen to this song too from Velvet Revolver, Slash's solo in it is just mindblowing:

grapler135s

Hall of Fame
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Really cool thread! I have a large playlist with every music genre on there too. Lately I’ve been listening to The National a lot! Here is a video of them performing live on SNL a few years back.

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Really cool thread! I have a large playlist with every music genre on there too. Lately I’ve been listening to The National a lot! Here is a video of them performing live on SNL a few years back.

Never heard of them, but love the song! Cool share, thanks Mike!

kpit1978

Pro
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Nice idea for a thread. I'll spend some time listening to The Tragically Hip & B.B. King but at heart I'm a hard rock/metal guy (l do have to be able to understand the lyrics though, I draw the line at the screamers). I'll narrow it down to G N' R & Disturbed as my two favorite bands. I don't think I can pick just one song.

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Nice idea for a thread. I'll spend some time listening to The Tragically Hip & B.B. King but at heart I'm a hard rock/metal guy (l do have to be able to understand the lyrics though, I draw the line at the screamers). I'll narrow it down to G N' R & Disturbed as my two favorite bands. I don't think I can pick just one song.
Thanks friend! BB is awesome, the Thrill is Gone is my favorite song of his!

Also When Love Comes to Town is awesome too!

AndyDrummond

All-Star
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Nice thread here…I love a lot of different music and as a 13-yr old got to see G’N’R in person, so appreciate that Slash nod. I’ve gotta say this performance by Prince is pretty awesome though

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Nice thread here…I love a lot of different music and as a 13-yr old got to see G’N’R in person, so appreciate that Slash nod. I’ve gotta say this performance by Prince is pretty awesome though

So this video is up on the big screen at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, when we were there this summer, this live group version with so many music legends just blew me away, and I had not realized that Prince was such a talented guitar player as well! I could have spent a week at the Rock Hall, it was amazing! Great video share, thanks Andy!

Blessings,

Kevin

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member

As a kid of the late 70s and early 80s, I got into the big guitar bands with the outstanding lead vocalists like Journey, Foreigner and Boston.
Separate Ways is an awesome song, and those are 3 favorite bands of mine! I also love REO Speedwagon and Styx from that same era! Everyone knows the hits, but some of the deeper tracks are awesome on the albums too.

Here's a deep cut from REO:

And while it is not a deep cut, to me it is the ANTHEM, my favorite Foreigner song ever:

bfd13

Pro
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Separate Ways is an awesome song, and those are 3 favorite bands of mine! I also love REO Speedwagon and Styx from that same era! Everyone knows the hits, but some of the deeper tracks are awesome on the albums too.

Here's a deep cut from REO:

And while it is not a deep cut, to me it is the ANTHEM, my favorite Foreigner song ever:

Jukebox Hero and Feels Like The First Time are my favorite Foreigner songs!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
Jukebox Hero and Feels Like The First Time are my favorite Foreigner songs!
One of my favorite concerts I ever went to was Night Ranger, Foreigner, and Journey at Riverport in STL! Those are great classic bands, and they played all their hits and some deep tracks, and it was a great concert.

The summer before that we went to Night Ranger, Pat Benatar, and REO Speedwagon, also at Riverport, another great show, and a really fun scene all around!

I love Urgent, especially since Junior Walker played the sax on this song, another classic musician from the 60s!

Night Ranger is another great band, and while they are remembered more for Sister Christian, they have some other great songs too!

Joel Hoekstra is an amazing guitarist who played with Whitesnake, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Night Ranger, and many others...this is a great version of Dont Tell Me You Love Me:

grapler135s

Hall of Fame
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
The Beatles were always on in my house growing up…I recently watched the Get Back documentary on Disney Plus (twice) since it is a documentary about the recording sessions of their album Get Back which is my favorite album of all time.

Here is an amazing clip of Paul coming up with the title track seemingly out of thin air. You can almost see some divine intervention happening here it is absolutely mind blowing to me!

kclj520

Prospect
Staff member
@grapler135s

So much of this plays at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, when we were there in May, they showed the entire rooftop concert with all the footage, which was awesome! Great video, George is yawning and Paul is writing a classic!!