Texiera to the Braves.... This sucks...

No surprise, Saltalamacchia hasn't played much recently for Atlanta so it was obvious something was up. Too bad, I liked him.....and don't really care for the Braves. Come on Mets and Phillies :cheers: :dance:

I never question JS, but I really hate to see us lose Salty and Andrus. One of those pitchers better not be Matt Harrison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is it...

Texeira and Mahay

FOR

Salty, Andrus, Neftali, and PTBNL.

Rangers get to pick one of these...

1. Harrison :doh:
2. Devine
3. Cuevas
4. Acosta
5. Medlen

I am actually kind of bummed about the trade. As a Braves fan and Salty was prob one of my favs behind Brandon Jones. I hate to see the Braves trade away some of the prospects but I guess they are looking at now and not the future. Also does anyone know who all was traded. I heard the Braves traded Salty and 4 minor leaguers?

Bye Bye Salty:(

I am actually kind of bummed about the trade. As a Braves fan and Salty was prob one of my favs behind Brandon Jones. I hate to see the Braves trade away some of the prospects but I guess they are looking at now and not the future. Also does anyone know who all was traded. I heard the Braves traded Salty and 4 minor leaguers?

Bye Bye Salty:(
I posted right before you who all was trade. Now if the new owners would put some money into the Braves and resign Andruw. The Braves would be unstoppable next year.

1. Johnson/Escobar 2B
2. Renteria SS
3. CJones 3B
4. Texeira 1B
5. AJones CF
6. McCann C
7. Francouer RF
8. BJones/Diaz LF

Even if we don't resign Andruw we will probably sign a pretty good CF. Its also possible that Renteria could be shopped for another pitcher and let Escobar play SS.

We better win the WS in the next two years because Tex will walk after 2008. He will want a minimum 22 mil.

I agree totally with everything you are saying. But I look for some changes still to come. I dont think that they will be able to keep A. Jones this year but with the season he is having who is going to pay him what he wants. That could change come this Sept if they make a run for the playoffs. Also the Tex trade still does not solve the bullpen problems the Braves have. If the Rangers want Harrison that will hurt even more.

Also I think they will let Renteria go and bring up Lillibridge next year to play SS. Also the Braves have a pretty good 1b in the minors that just got promoted to AA. His name is Kala Ka' (cannot remember the rest I am at work) that is pretty good. It will prob take 2 more years for him to make it to the bigs so I think that they will let Tex go after 08 to make room for him.

Just some of my random thoughts,

Great trade for both teams.

The Braves had the luxury of trading one of the best, if not the best, catching prospect in baseball, as well as a highly-regarded SS prospect. Still, Texas doesn't get any elite pitching prospects (I heard Harrison has a bum shoulder and was taken out of the potential deal), and pitching should be their No. 1 concern.

EDIT: Just saw Harrison is still in the deal. It makes it an even better trade for Texas now.

The Braves get a thumper in the middle of the lineup. He's controlled by the Braves through 2008 and if Teixeira has a good 14 months in Atlanta, he might be inclined to re-sign with the Braves.

With this trade, the Braves are now the team to beat in the National League.

Last edited by a moderator:
As good as Tiexeira is, that is a ton to give up considering how difficult it will be to re-sign him after this year. The Rangers were asking for Buchholz, Ellsbury and another prospect from the sox, so thank god we didn't get him.

As good as Tiexeira is, that is a ton to give up considering how difficult it will be to re-sign him after this year. The Rangers were asking for Buchholz, Ellsbury and another prospect from the sox, so thank god we didn't get him.

That was my thought as well. Even if he enjoys his remaining contract time in Atlanta, he's gonna go on the market at a steep price. The Rangers got some nice hitting prospects that could adapt very well to their hitter-friendly ballpark. But I'm still puzzled at how Texas didn't make this deal more pitching related, when that is their key future need.

He is arbitration eligible next year so we will have him then too.

Back