Tennis Anyone?

redwing40

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
I decided to add some other sports to my collection, Golf and now Tennis, so I liked this Mary Carillo that maple19 had, I remember her playing with John McEnroe and doing the Olympics news, kind of cool! B) The Carillo Auto is a SP card

Roger Federer pulled another win, would like to land one of his auto's, along with Caroline Wozniacki
wub.gif

I also found this story on Ace products on Beckett.

By Susan Lulgjuraj | Beckett Sports Card Monthly Editor

Tennis cards will have a new home.

Leaf Trading Cards announced the purchase of the trading card portion of Ace Authentic, the exclusive source for tennis cards.

Ace Authentic has produced cards since about 2005 and has had some of the world’s top players sign autograph and memorabilia deals including Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Caroline Wozniacki.

“Tennis is globally one of the top sports in popularity with fans and collectors in nearly 100 countries,” Leaf CEO Brian Gray said in a press release. “I am confident Leaf is the right company to take this category to the next level while keeping print runs very limited and collectible.”

Many of the tennis stars could also be featured in Leaf’s multi-sport releases such as Legends of Sport and Leaf Inscriptions.

One of the most valuable cards from Ace Authentic’s history came in the first year of the product. A 2005 Signature Series Grand Slam Champions Dual Autograph/Jersey Roger Federer/Maria Sharapova numbered to 50 has a HI book value of $500. When it comes to book value, Sharapova also owns the next three spots with autographs all valued at $400.

When I was a kid I despised watching tennis. These days, though, I love watching it. I watch almost all of the grand slam matches. It was tough watching Bouchard lose in such devastating fashion this morning but she was playing a near perfect player today in Kvitova. She was incredible and Bouchard will be back!

So, yeah, there are several tennis players whose autograph I'd like to have. Congrats on your pickups, Paul.

ive got a Woz and a couple Kournikovas...

if you can find them at auction, they aren't terrible, but the majority of them are listed BIN/BO with crazy prices...ive paid around $20 each for the ones I have

ive got a Woz and a couple Kournikovas...

if you can find them at auction, they aren't terrible, but the majority of them are listed BIN/BO with crazy prices...ive paid around $20 each for the ones I have
Thats cool to have them Auto's, I completely forgot about Anna Kournikovas, she dated Federov from the Red Wings which I thought she was the fault of him playing bad at the time, Lol! Then she broke up with him and then cursed Pavel Bure, which it never worked out with them either.

Back