TCZ Fantasy Football 2015 Edition

We doing a live draft again? I'd never done one before, but I liked that a lot better.
Mike the first time I joined this I did the draft live, I liked it, but would have liked it better if I knew the player's:ROFLMAO:

I might do the live draft with you guys sept 8th, no class on Tuesday:cool: We'll see, I have a better shot at winner this thing if I let it go into auto draft(y)

Don't forget! We will be drafting our teams on Tuesday (12 team league) and Wednesday (10 team league) next week. The draft will be live on Yahoo (the link will be on the home page of the league(s).

If for some reason you cannot make the draft, it is recommended that you update your player rankings before the draft time.

Good luck to all!

The first draft is under our belt, and Yahoo has given all the teams their "Draft Grades".

I always love reading them, because they are so divorced from reality! Here's what makes me laugh about them:

1) Ratings are based on Yahoo's player rankings, and nothing else. The number one rated draft in the 12 team league was someone who did not even draft live, but instead, let Yahoo make the picks. No wonder Yahoo thought they had the best draft! (Another auto-drafter was ranked 5th!)

2) Our leagues are PPR. Yahoo does not take that into account.

3) If you build a deep bench at RB or WR, Yahoo downgrades you because you can't start them all the same week. Yet, you are also downgraded if you have multiple players with the same bye week (even though you have the depth to cover them!)

4) Failing to draft back-ups at Kicker or Defense results in a downgrade, even though these are both solid Fantasy Football strategies! However, at least one member was chastised by the Yahoo bot for having 2 kickers! Make up your mind, Yahoo!

The bottom line is, don't be discouraged if Yahoo has rated you low! You probably know more about Fantasy Football than their bots (even if you did take a kicker in the 4th round :LOL:)

The first draft is under our belt, and Yahoo has given all the teams their "Draft Grades".

4) Failing to draft back-ups at Kicker or Defense results in a downgrade, even though these are both solid Fantasy Football strategies! However, at least one member was chastised by the Yahoo bot for having 2 kickers! Make up your mind, Yahoo!
Yeah, it's me. Fuck Yahoo pre ranking :mad:
I didn't even put one in my pre ranking.
I knew I would be punished by yahoo when I saw the draft time (3:30 AM for me in france).
I will be a long season, i'm afraid. (n)(n)

Failing to draft back-ups at Kicker or Defense results in a downgrade, even though these are both solid Fantasy Football strategies!

Crap! I wish I would've known that BEFORE the draft. I guess because those guys don't score many points, and if I hadn't drafted a backup kicker/defense I probably wouldn't have had to come begging for a backup RB trade. :facepalm:

Oh well. Now I know for next year. Give me another 2-3 years and I'm liable to be an old pro at this fantasy stuff! :smug:

Don't get discouraged if you aren't happy with your drafted team. That's only the beginning.

I've been playing fantasy since 2001, and only once has a team won a league I was in based on just the team they drafted.

Think back to last year. The wide receiver who was on the most winning fantasy teams in Yahoo, ESPN and NFL leagues was Odell Beckum Jr. In the vast majority of leagues, he was not even drafted! The players who got him picked him up off the waiver wire!

Also, Monte Ball went in the first round in a lot of leagues last year, and it didn't take long for him to be replaced by C.J. Anderson in Denver (Ball was actually released by the Broncos earlier this week!)

As I said, the draft is only the beginning. The real season is what happens each week, and the best way to do well is to spend a little time each week getting more fantasy info. All the major sports sites have goo fantasy sections. NFL network has a one hour Fantasy show every day at 5:00 pm eastern (repeated at 3:00 am). DVR it if you can. ESPN has a weekly Fantasy show every Tuesday at 3:00 eastern, and another one Sundays at 11:00. If you have NFL Red Zone, they also do Fantasy for an hour before the games start.

Yahoo does a decent job of projecting what a player is expected to score each week, so scouring the waiver wire can yield a few nuggets.

Back