Baseball Take Up Your Team - Detroit Tigers

tigsfan

Bench Warmer
Here is my "Take Up Your Team" thread for the homeboys, my Detroit Tigers

Here will be postings of news, as well as discussion of the moves or where they are going, speculations, etc...

I will try to update daily.

My question answered in Tigers Mailbag!

I recently e-mailed Jason Beck (AKA Tigers mailbag writer) the question below, and they answered!!! For those who don't believe me click here (2nd one down) or I copied it below for those too lazy to click.

Now that the Tigers have traded the entire farm system for Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera, I got thinking about Brandon Inge. I would personally hate to see him go, but I came to a possible place for him. Is there any chance we see Brandon Inge play left field for the Tigers in 2008?-- Zack E., Port Huron, Mich.

Inge can play left field, but barring a major change, it doesn't look like he will be. Inge understandably wants a starting role at third base, where his defense makes him a more valuable player. Put Inge in left, and his defense becomes less of a priority, while his offensive numbers become more important. Plus, it's unlikely he would be an everyday player in left, anyway, with Jacque Jones at least splitting time there.--Jason Beck

I can see the arguement here, but wasn't Inge a Gold Glove candidate for the last few years? Didn't Inge hit better than half the team during the 2006 World Series? I'd prefer Brandon Inge over Jacque Jones, but what do you guys think?

Gary Sheffield only current Tiger in Mitchell report

It's sort of a relief for me knowing that I-Rod, Rogers, Ordonez, & others are know right now as clean. On the other hand, a handful of former players (Nook Logan, Rondell White, Hal Morris, Fernando Vina mostly) made me feel said that we cheated & still stunk!:rolleyes:

A sad day in baseball, but not so bad in Michigan.;)

Back