Super Bowl XLVI

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Who's going to be hosting a Super Bowl party?

We try to host one every year, but this year we're still unsure whether we're having one, or will just go to my uncle's house. Either way, I can't wait to try the hot wing cupcakes my wife is making this year. :LOL:

Who have you got picked, and why?

Even though I'm a Cowboys fan, and naturally dislike the Giants, I do have to root for them against the Pats this week. I just can't stand Tom Brady, or Belichick. They're both a couple of the best at what they do, but there's just something about them that I don't like.

That said, I do think the Giants will win this game, not just because I'm rooting for them (obviously the Cowboys are out). Even though the Pats seem to be able to score pretty much whenever they want to, I don't think they'll have it quite so easy against the Giants and the way they've been attacking the quarterback lately. Tom Brady is going to be hurried a lot more than he's used to. I also don't think the Pats defense can stop Eli (with his receivers) and what he's been able to do over the last several games. It seems stopping him on 3rd down is also out of the question. If the Giants can establish their running game early, it will just make it that much easier for Eli.

I'm still expecting it to be a good game, but I look for the Giants to take it by a touchdown.

So, with a bag on my head, trying not to upset my fellow Cowboys fans, I scream, GO GIANTS in this year's Super Bowl!

Not hosting one this year, just gonna watch the game with a few close friends. I will also be rooting for the Giants, but I am gonna say the Giants win by 10. I think that it is gonna be a great game, but the Patriots just don't have enough to stop Eli and his triple threat of WR's.

My wife and and I will probably just go over to my parents house and it will be the four of us. Im thinking of firing up my dads grill and keeping it simple....

Hot Dogs
Sausage
Hamburgers
Corn on the cob
Shrimp Skewers

And my mom will probably provide a few more side dishes.... Sam Adams for my dad.

Well.. My mom is coming over, we'll have some good food, relax and watch the game.. My fiancé has taken monday off, so she can watch too :) the game starts past midnight over here so..

And Im going with the New York Football Giants.. Always liked them. Love Eli. And I honestly strongly dispise the pats.. more than the Bears, Vikings and Lions combined! I have nothing nice to say, and I really shouldn't start talking about my views on them.. so.. yeah :LOL: Go Giants :)

I am once again in the minority but I am for the Pats. I can not stand anyone in the Manning family as they thinkthey are bigger than the game more than even someone like TO. I am a Cowboys fan so it makes it even easier to root against the Giants. I say the Pats by 3.

I can not get the bad taste out of my mouth when Eli refused to play for the Chargers out of college and his brother and dad backed him up. The entire family gets a pass when most would be crucified. I think that Brady is a class act and the fact that he does nothing controversial drives everyone nuts.

But in the long run it will always be about the Cowboys!!

I think that Brady is a class act and the fact that he does nothing controversial drives everyone nuts.

I would say arguing with your offensive coordinator, and hollering at your linemen right on the field would be considered slightly controversial by some.

Maybe, but Michael Jordan did a lot of the same things on the basketball court and everybody just called it being a competitor.

I guess you might be right. Either way, that's not even why I don't like Tom Brady and the Pats. It's just their arrogance that gets me. Things like running the score up on an opponent, or thinking they can get away with cheating, that rubs me the wrong way.

I understand, I just that this time next year we are trying figure out if Romo can step up and win the big game!

Are you crazy????

Brady left his pregnant woman out in the cold and walked out on her??? Forgot about that didnt you?;)

I have to give Brady his props..... He's the truth....... But his arrogance is what turns me off......

Back