Football Super Bowl 2014

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
Super Bowl weekend, where is the excitement?

Call me crazy, but I think Seahawks in a low scoring game, maybe a 20-17 or something...I expected a ton more out of the Denver D this year, but it never hit like I thought it would...MVP will be on the Seattle D, Bobby Wagner or Earl Thomas I think...maybe Cam Chancellor, but I don't see Sherman getting it...

Seattle is going to have to bank on winning the turnover game and Manning has had a solid year in terms of pretty much everything, even if he throws 'ducks'...

I think Seattle run game will have to get going, and I think the Seattle D can stop what Denver has to offer in terms of running. No way can they keep that WR/TE corps blank for the game, so Manning should get 2 TDs...

It is strength versus strength innit?

Sea Pass D vs. Manning
Sea Running vs. Bronco front 7

In a case like that, I'd give the edge to the QB, which is obviously Peyton. A close game, but a win for the Broncos?

relatively 'weak' Seattle offense against relatively 'weak' Denver defense...

do I think Lynch has a better chance of scoring than the Denver D, yes. do I think Seattle can bank on Manning throwing an INT or Moreno or Ball getting stripped, no.

I say Seattle D v Denver O is a coin flip, but I think Seattle O > Denver D

it should be a tight game unless Denver gets up early and Wilson has to throw to his sub par targets - that is the only way I see Seattle having issues, give Seattle a lead and I think Lynch can grind out clock...that said, Denver could go down 3 TDs and really its an advantage because even though the Seattle D is very good, I don't think they can cover all of Mannings weapons

I don't think Seattle's D can stop Peyton and that high flying offense. They'll be able to shut down their running game, but in my opinion that just helps the Broncos even more.

I do think Denver's D can stop Seattle's running game, though, and I don't think Russell Wilson can win this game through the air even as bad as Denver's passing D is. So, all the pressure is on Seattle's D, just like it has been all season long.

That said, I do expect Peyton to be put into several situations where he can make a mistake. I think if Seattle's D can somehow force at least 2 turnovers, they'll have a very good chance of being on top when this one is over. Otherwise, I give the edge to the Broncos. Either way, though, I do expect it to be a close game. Something like 24-17, either way.

hasn't the pregame started yet :wall: that is the worst part of the game, the 174 hours of pregame, its like xmas at Toys R Us

I predict Denver wins in a blowout. I think they'll score early and often, forcing Seattle to become one-dimensional. 34-10.

I predict Denver wins in a blowout. I think they'll score early and often, forcing Seattle to become one-dimensional. 34-10.

My dad agrees with the blowout part. He's got Denver picked by "at least 17". I just don't see that happening, but if it does I sure do hope it's Denver on top!

when do the good commercials start?...I wouldn't pay crap to advertise most of the garbage they put up even during the 4th hour of the morning news...

Wow indeed. Truly great defensive display by the Seahawks. Bronco O line had a bad day at he office too though to make life easier.

I should have bet more on the Seahawks straight up - I just feel that they were the better overall team than the Broncos were.

I put in a $20 parlay on Seahawks +3, total FG's > 3, total INT's >2, and that Seattle would score last. Ah well - I got two of them right at least.

Back