Baseball Strasburg to have Tommy John surgery

HiEnd

Bench Warmer
Out more than likely for all of 2011

Look out below!:eek:

Nationals GM Mike Rizzo said that Stephen Strasburg is likely to need Tommy John surgery to repair a significant UCL tear in his pitching elbow.

What a shame. The initial MRI on Strasburg's arm didn't show any major damage, but an MRI arthrogram revealed the tear. This will almost certainly wipe out the phenom's 2011 season, though the Nationals will seek a second opinion before going the Tommy John route. Strasburg's rookie season ends with a 5-3 record, 2.91 ERA, 1.07 WHIP and 92/17 K/BB ratio over 68 innings

ac-n-mike said:
SELLERS feeling AMAZING... BUYERS FEELING STUUUUUPID

I called it..... I said he would be the next Kerry Wood/Mark Prior
for some reason i felt this was going to happen also
:crystalballs:

what you guys are not understanding is, the OP guy made money on his purchase he sold it to brian gray, who is inserting it in to those razor packs!!!!!!!

People who have Tommy John surgery in the past 5 years have come back throwing BETTER than they ever did before.
Kyle Drabek just had it done 2 years ago and he is the best pitcher in the minors.

I think strasburg will come back stronger. Its such a common surgery these days for pitches and QBs. I expect strasburg to have a great season next year.

orangejello727 said:
I think strasburg will come back stronger. Its such a common surgery these days for pitches and QBs. I expect strasburg to have a great season next year.

it wont be next year itll be 2012, but it will be 2013 before he is good again. Liriano is prove of that, takes at least 1 full season to get the tenativeness out.

kutzy said:
People who have Tommy John surgery in the past 5 years have come back throwing BETTER than they ever did before.
Kyle Drabek just had it done 2 years ago and he is the best pitcher in the minors.

So what you're saying is that Strasburg might have a promising career in Japan?

:)

DaClyde said:
So what you're saying is that Strasburg might have a promising career in Japan?

:)

What im saying is that the Blue Jays know how to properly manage their young pitchers.... Unlike some teams in the DC area

kutzy said:

^THIS.

Tommy John surgery isn't a career ender at all. John Smoltz had it, then came back as one of the game's best closers, then as a great starter again before age caught up with him. Strasburg is young, when he comes back his arm will be fine and he continue to throw pitches like he does. It's just sad that's he's gonna miss a season.

Back