SportsCardU/SportsCardClub Merger...Welcome!

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
As some of you may, and may not, be aware as of yesterday I was officially the new owner of Sports Card Club. This has been in the works for a while now, but I'd been mostly quiet about it until the deal was finalized. I'd been thinking over the last month about my plans for both sites and since I wasn't too keen on owning/operating two sites that were competitive, the only option (for me) was to merge the two.

Since SCU has the better rankings in Google I thought it best to merge SCC into SCU in order to keep all of the SCU links in working order. Unfortunately, this means that all links to SCC's addresses will lead to the wrong page. All of the SCC data (posts, threads, etc) is still here, it's just not going to be exactly where it was. I don't anticipate this being an issue for the most part. There were only a few threads at SCC that were getting a decent amount of traffic. I think most of the traffic was slowed, or lost, because of the issues SCC had with spammers and an expired security certificate over the last year or so.

That said, I do feel like the SportsCardClub.com domain name is a better description of what we're going for here. Combined with the fact that it's been registered for nearly 18 years, I thought it best to keep that domain name.

So, welcome SCU and SCC, to the new SportsCardClub.com! Please let me know if you have any questions, or see any issues with the site, that weren't there before, and I'll do my best to get them fixed ASAP!

Also I just noticed that the banners in my sig are "washed out" until I roll over them with the mouse? Not sure if that is something you can fix?

Was my vintage non-sport pictorial thread one that was saved?

All threads are still here, unless they were soft deleted before. In that case, I just removed them completely.

Also I just noticed that the banners in my sig are "washed out" until I roll over them with the mouse? Not sure if that is something you can fix?

That was actually something we did as a feature at SCU so that the images in signatures weren't so distracting from the posts. I'll work on an option to disable it.

All threads are still here, unless they were soft deleted before. In that case, I just removed them completely.

That was actually something we did as a feature at SCU so that the images in signatures weren't so distracting from the posts. I'll work on an option to disable it.

No, it is fine to keep it less distracting. I was just letting you know of a potential bug from merging the 2 sites like a good little moderator!

Back