Spent 3 hours at Emergency Vet Hospital yesterday...

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
:ban:

Had a show in morning, back little after 2, ate dinner, fed dogs, after they ate at 5ish took them to get a new movie and quick stop at grocery store. While in vid store they apparently found what I had forgotten to take out from a previous vet visit, bottle of 15 deremaxx tablets (75mg), so of course they helped themselves. If they both just ate half it wouldn'tbe an issue but we don't know who ate what so long story short, made them throw up then took them to clinic for treatement. 15 min actually talking with vet, 3 hours there $350 :ban: They have to go to our vet today for bloodwork and followup yah fun.

Zeeck

Sneaky
Brutal. I hate those unexpected, large vets bills!! Took our dog to our vet for grooming and ended up having to see a vet because she had an ear infection. Nice chunk of change for that visit.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
what is the med used for? why i don't let my dog in my truck, no telling what he will find that i lost some time ago

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
Sorry to hear Brett. Hope the doggies are well. If the meds make them stop attacking me when I come over then you should let them take them all the time.

Were the meds in a bottle? Did they just bite it to pieces?

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
you don't like it when they check out your junk rob?;)
Rob rubs peanut butter on his junk before he comes in, i've seen him do it ;). They open the lids (child proof my ass). Deremaxx is an anti inflamatory steroid (want to say steroid not 100% positive). It is very good at what it does, but it is also liver flavored. Off for more bloodwork now

scrappy

Bench Warmer
didn't one of your dogs almost lift him up by his crotch, sniffing???

geez rob if you wanted attention there are other ways to do it ;)

go figure that a pharm company would figure out dogs would take their pills if they were flavored. hope your boys are ok

GiantFan

Bench Warmer
didn't one of your dogs almost lift him up by his crotch, sniffing???

geez rob if you wanted attention there are other ways to do it ;)

go figure that a pharm company would figure out dogs would take their pills if they were flavored. hope your boys are ok
Two of them fight over who is going to get closer to my junk. It gets scary at times when they bite each other. I do not put anything other than soap and occassionally powder on my balls. Thank you.

AUTaxMan

Bench Warmer
Ugh. I know the feeling. My wife's dog (not my dog) costs me at least a $300-$400 at some point during the year because of a self-inflicted wound. I swear that dog has six or seven lives left.

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
another trip to the vet (fu bloodwork), another $140 whee. The liver enzyme they test for came back clean but another came back elevated on both, unfortunately it is a generic that could indicate nothing but norma dog aging/growth or kushings (sp?)... have to retest in a month fun.

scrappy

Bench Warmer
wow that sucks

pretty sad when a vet bill is almost as expensive as a hospital bill for a person.

my parents saw a special on dogs with diabetes and ones on zoloft. they said that dogs that are "healthy" (fat) are more at risk. i could never see myself giving my dog the same kinda pill that my sister in law takes.

sure he sleeps a lot but he has his moments of excitedness once a week, so he's good. our little one went on a food strike while my mom was gone so she only ended up eating once a day instead of twice. she lost so much weight while mom was gone. her sweater is way too big for her now.