Site news - Main Page - Donations - Misc.

Krusin

retired hippie
1. Hoping to have control of the Main Home Page soon. Reiji has been in contact, he gave me a link but it didn't work, just rerouted back to the Forum site. He contacted me about dropping that part of the site since it hadn't been up dated in years. I told him I'd like to try it out 1st as it might get a few more people in here if we kept up with it. If there's someone out there that would like to help with this section I'd love to here from you. Not sure what all is involved but a bit excited to finally be getting access to the section.

2. I still don't know what the donations tab is linked to so for now don't use that. I may be asking for help with funding the site next year.

3. Thanks to everyone that stayed around & thanks to the newbies that have joined in the past year.

4. Group breaks - as to the Group Breaks I have nothing against them but with so many places now breaking live I'd recommend using one of those, I know that blowout wouldn't mind hosting breaks for us, a number of us could get together & agree on a break, Blowout could Video the break & send to the members, their prices are tough to beat & product is usually out day of release & they carry old product.

5. As an f.y.i. I DO NOT own this site, I DO NOT own the VBulliten Lic. & don't know who does, guessing Brett (oregonweim ) or one of the original owners do. What I do have is the Name rights thru GoDaddy.com & I've paid Reiji for his hosting service and for now that is keeping the site up & running (most of the time anyway) and that's my main goal right now.

6. If you have any concerns about the site please contact me.

thanks again everyone

hopefully everything passes on my new job thing and I get a decent schedule to where ill be functional then I can do some front page stuff

Hey Bud, I think I PMed you a little while back about helping out with the main page if needed. I was involved with posting articles and such back in the day so I know how it works and would be glad to do a webex session (I have an account through work that we can use) where I can step you, and whoever else you want, through the process of maintaining that portion of the site and even assist with it going forward if you want the help.

I do think that Brett or Brian own the license for the software. That is probably not transferable.

There was a lot we wanted to do with that page and I think some of it would be really cool and now with the availability of twitter to promote blog posts you can maybe get more traffic. I think the biggest key is constant content being added. If you can get 3 people creating 10 new updates per week that would be a good number to start. You can even get more content by just creating posts with a couple lines introducing a link to a hobby related article. Even if no one is actively reading these they will get hits through searches and the more content the more hits and the more possibility of people signing up.

Also, a compilation of hits and acquisitions of people on the site like the ones that were up there would be good. Or reviews of products we've seen opened and we do see a lot of them on blowout. OK, enough of that. Have a good night. Let me know if you need any help.

Always willing to help. Not the best writer and little exposure to cards presently but could put together some vintage stuff? Let me know when to donate too please.
Like the idea of blowout GP breaks.
Thanks for the work Bud

Back