• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Bench Warmer
Monday is Randy Moss' birthday, and he had an announcement to commemorate the occasion: He wants to end his brief retirement and return to professional football in 2012.

"I wanna play football," Moss said on UStream on Monday morning. "Your boy is going to come back here and play some football, so I'm really excited. I had some things I had to adjust in my life."

SportsNation: Randy Moss unretires?
Would you want your favorite team to take a chance on Randy Moss if he unretires?

• Cast your votes!

• NFL Nation: Moss unretires analysis
• ESPNBoston.com: No mas on Moss
• Stats & Info: More on Moss

His agent, Joel Segal, wouldn't go into his client's available options.

"Randy and I have discussed it," Segal said of Moss coming out of retirement. "He still has his fire and he's looking forward to playing football. He's excited."

Moss posted on his Twitter page: "Now back to biz!! There's good an bad an u have to b ready for both! its in gods hand now."

Moss abruptly retired on Aug. 1 with a one-sentence statement from his agent, Joel Segal. But the ink had scarcely dried on the stories listing his career accomplishments -- 954 receptions for 14,858 yards and 153 touchdowns over 13 seasons -- when reports began to surface that Moss would be willing to return if the right situation presented itself. Tom Brady, with whom he connected for a single-season record 23 touchdowns for the Patriots in 2007, even said he'd welcome Moss back to New England.

That didn't happen. But Moss, who turned 35 on Monday, says he's ready to get back on the field and that he has his family's blessing: "It's fine, whatever you wanna do," he said of their reaction to his plans.

"Faith, family, and football, that's my M.O., bro," he added.

Moss
Moss' retirement followed a turbulent 2010, in which he was traded by the Patriots back to Minnesota, released by the Vikings and picked up by the Tennessee Titans. He recorded career lows of 28 catches for 393 yards and five TDs that season.

Moss' 153 touchdown receptions are tied with Terrell Owens for second on the career list. He's fifth all-time in yards and ninth in receptions. His 29 touchdowns of at least 50 yards are behind only Jerry Rice (36).

Selected 21st overall by the Minnesota Vikings from Marshall in 1998, Moss set about punishing the 20 teams that passed him over in the draft, catching 17 touchdown passes his rookie season on his way to the Offensive Rookie of the Year award.

He led the NFL in touchdown receptions five times, was selected to the Pro Bowl six times and was named first team All-Pro four times. His 23 TDs in 2007 led the entire NFL and his 138 points scored that season were second only to kicker Mason Crosby.

There were questions when Moss retired whether it would last.

Then came Monday's announcement.

"It didn't surprise me when he retired, and it doesn't surprise me he wants to come back," said Bob Pruett, Moss' college coach at Marshall. "I think he can be a great player for whoever picks him up."

Trouble off the field in high school prevented Moss from attending Notre Dame or Florida State. He landed with father-figure Pruett at Marshall, where he scored 54 touchdowns in two seasons.

"Randy's a team guy," Pruett said. "Sometimes he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He's also a great player."

Moss' personal assistant, Donnie Jones, said Moss is "ready to rock 'n' roll."
Via: ESPN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the best WR's of all time..... Sad he got booted out of N.E.
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

Hmmmm... Well.. why not? If he'll sign for almost minimum a team could take a chance, but I honestly dont need Moss back.. so, I'll vote no.. even though I don't really care :LOL:

I think that as long as he still feels that he can play at a competitive level, then sure he should come back.

Back