Shopping at the LCS... confused by the prices

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Went to the LCS yesterday and picked up two boxes of 2014 Topps A&G at $100.00 each! NOT a bad price... seeing how Dave and Adam's have the boxes at $99.95 each (plus $11.95 for shipping!).

I asked about NASCAR and they proudly laid two boxes of the latest product (2014 Redline) on the counter... and that's where it all went south...

MSRP: $125.00

LCS Price: $165.00!!!!

Per pack pricing: $34.95.... MSRP: $25.00

The LCS explained to me that I would not find a better deal locally... which I countered with I can drive to my distributors home (35 - 40 minute drive) and pick up a box at $125.00 and use a quarter tank of gas.

The LCS remarked... "yeah, but you have to pay for gas!".

Okay... I am not a Rocket Scientist, but figuring gas at $3.59 per gallon (as of last night when I filled up)... and my car gets about 25 miles per gallon... and just guesstimating... I would use approximately $10.00 in gas.

$125.00/box + $10.00 gas = $135.00

and... knowing my distributor, he would convince me to take two boxes... so my total pay out would be $260.00 versus purchasing two boxes at the LCS for $330.00...

confused... but hey, picked up the two boxes of A&G at a great price... just wish the NASCAR pricing was more realistic.

Atleast you have somewhere that you can pick up NASCAR, they don't "exist" where I live. The LCS near me called them a WASTE OF TIME -_- Still go there from time to time to see what autographed helmets they have, which I think might be fake with their shady COA, but hey, I kinda understand cause the market isn't as big

Back