Register or log in to remove this ad.

Set up the PS3 over the weekend....

lisu

Prospect
Things that I found out:

Only one controller and not wireless.
No HDMI cable

However, after hooking it up, I watched a movie - The Messengers which was freaky especially in blu ray! Then I played MLB the Show for a while. FUN FUN FUN. I love it.

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
Things that I found out:

Only one controller and not wireless.
No HDMI cable

However, after hooking it up, I watched a movie - The Messengers which was freaky especially in blu ray! Then I played MLB the Show for a while. FUN FUN FUN. I love it.

Messengers is a good movie. I wonder why no HDMI, and how can you watch 1080 over regular cables, thought it had to run on digital??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

lisu

Prospect
Well, what I had done was this:

I only have two HDMI ports in my TV. I bought a 5 HDMI switch and an additional HDMI cable to hook up the switch to my tv. I had expected the PS3 to come with a HDMI cable, but since it didn't, I used the extra HDMI cable and hooked it up directly to the TV.

ebsoria

Bench Warmer
Congrats!! I have mine all set up and everything and yes, blue ray movies ar epretty sweet on my 52' Wega tv. Im toying with renting Ghost Rider, but I hear it sucks!

D

detox

guess what the next thing is that you will find out that is irritating.

When you buy the other controller, it doesnt come with a usb cable. :ban:

D

detox

when I bought mine, it didnt even come with HD components. All there was was regular componenets, supposedly the newer batch has the HD components.

Lisa, Im trying to figure out why you would have the need for 5 HDMI connections?

lisu

Prospect
when I bought mine, it didnt even come with HD components. All there was was regular componenets, supposedly the newer batch has the HD components.

Lisa, Im trying to figure out why you would have the need for 5 HDMI connections?

I'm just being prepared. The price between a 2 port switch and a 5 port switch wasn't much. I have Directv, my sound system, and the PS3 right now all going to my 2 HDMI ports. I figure in the future that there will be more stuff that I get that I will need HDMI for....