Selling Cards on Consignment at Nationals

oregonweim

Bench Warmer
A few people have PM'd/contacted me regarding this, and I don't have an issue with it but will have to figure out some guidelines/rules. So, use this thread to give some feedback....

My initial thoughts as I write this now are....

*You'll need to write out for each card submitted the card specifics: Player name, set, year, BOOK VALUE, ASKING PRICE, MINIMUM PRICE (be realistic wihtout being greedy :D);
*There will be a flat handling fee paid to TCG;
*If you want showcase space, $5 a card. If you want it in a box, $1 a card; This will be deducted from any sales you make (eg, you won't be charged both ways);
*People at the table will get 10% cut of final value (even if it sells at your minimum so keep that in mind) to help cover their cost/expense...

Thoughts, suggestions?

I would suggest that they be cards with a value of 75 or more...

I'm fine with the $5, but 10%? How about if I tell you I want $100 for a card, you can start it at like $150 and get chewed down to $125, you can keep whatever money its sold for over my want price.

I'm fine with the $5, but 10%? How about if I tell you I want $100 for a card, you can start it at like $150 and get chewed down to $125, you can keep whatever money its sold for over my want price.

im getting the feeling that the 10% is a 'discount' for those who are willing to work the table for awhile ;)

ive got a few cards id like to get in the case that i will bring out with me and we can talk there...also if you want me to hang out at the table id be down with that for a few hours the days im there so you can stroll about or whatever...:salut:

The 10% might be a bit high. I would suggest that you either nerf it or lower it to about 2% - maybe do an Ebay like structure.

10% seems pretty reasonable to me, actually. If you look at people who do eBay consignments, they'll charge anywhere from 10 percent to 50 percent with the average fee being about 30 percent.

We want to help members, but keep in mind that each of us are spending roughly $1000 in table, hotel, gas and food. I'm not saying we are trying to gouge you and we want to help people out, but there needs to be some quid pro quo. What I would say is maybe that we do the above structure, etc, but we cap per card... meaning, if you sold a 500 card it is $50, you sell a $900 card, it is $50 type thing (eg a cap of 50).

?

the only issue there is ensuring your want price isn't at fair market value. Just from walking around, unless it is a hot player/set/card, things sell at or slightly below ebay, but it really comes down to how much/how fast you want things to move. Traffic means a lot of people and a lot of 'impulse buy' opportunities, but you only get those buyers if you are priced out (and that is assuming you are targeting those buyers). A lot of dealers price theirselves to the point where if you buy it and tried to sell it you wouldn't get a dollar more than they paid.

Here is my outlook on this topic

You will have to pay a shipping charge so that the card can get to a member going to the show, then a $5 handling fee to the member, then 10% of what the card sells for.

So a card goes for $150, you pay $5 to ship with insurance to the member of TCG, $5 handling fee, and $15 for 10% of the final price. Out $20, that is if the card even goes for what someone wants out of it.

And that is just for one card, so if someone had 10 cards that could go for that much.

Say $8 for shipping the cards
$50 in handling fees to the TCG members
$150 for the percentage of the sell

Out $208 of a possiable $1500

If you have 5 members with cards that sell for that much the table is paid for.

Just kinda bogus if you ask me

I am not here to start anything, just speaking out loud.

Thank you for the chance Mr. Brett sir but unfortunately my cards suck fat donkey nuts and I think it would cost more to ship them than it would to sell them :D

Here is my outlook on this topic

You will have to pay a shipping charge so that the card can get to a member going to the show, then a $5 handling fee to the member, then 10% of what the card sells for.

So a card goes for $150, you pay $5 to ship with insurance to the member of TCG, $5 handling fee, and $15 for 10% of the final price. Out $20, that is if the card even goes for what someone wants out of it.

And that is just for one card, so if someone had 10 cards that could go for that much.

Say $8 for shipping the cards
$50 in handling fees to the TCG members
$150 for the percentage of the sell

Out $208 of a possiable $1500

If you have 5 members with cards that sell for that much the table is paid for.

Just kinda bogus if you ask me

I am not here to start anything, just speaking out loud.

Brett,

I would honestly think about something like this:

$1 or 10% of sale - whichever is higher to put in the box.
$5 or 10% of sale - whichever is higher to put in showcase.

Back